“Treat yourself to dessert, just do it.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Chocolate Turtle - CLOSED

The Chocolate Turtle
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wine and Beer
Description: All dessert are made from scratch in our upstairs kitchen, locally roasted coffee, craft beers & select wines. Also open for the morning crowd with a delightful array of scones, muffins and more! And now introducing our breakfast & lunch paninis!Look on our website for a full description.
Gainesville, Florida
“Treat yourself to dessert, just do it.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

Want something sweet and indulgent that pretty much tastes like perfection? Buy anything here. Literally anything. We tried five different desserts from the Chocolate Turtle and I only have good things to say about every single one. I can't even begin to pick a favorite, that's how good each one was.

The snicker's cheesecake: Light, smooth, rich and creamy cheesecake with a perfect crust and a snciker's topping that is to die for.

Flourless Mocha Torte: It's like fudge and brownie cheesecake crust got together and made magic.

Vanilla Pecan Bar: Imagine pecan pie with a layer of something akin to a vanilla mousse on top. Light and yet still decadent.

Tiramisu Torte: Perfect balance of the classic tiramisu flavors.

And of course, the titular Chocolate Turtle: I could not stop gushing about how jealous I was of their caramel. It's perfect. Smooth, buttery, sticky but not chewy, wrapped in a gorgeous ganache with crushed pecans and a cookie crust to help hold it all together.

See? Nothing bad. So treat yourself, just do it. It is well worth walking another mile to burn it off. =)

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Echolynn

Sarasota, Florida
“Simply the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

This is the first time in US when I ate a delicious chocolate cake. Unlike all others, this one was extremely tasty and not too much sweet as it usually happen. Coffee also was nice. I wish you open a branch in Sarasota :)

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Vadym K
ChocTurtle, Owner at The Chocolate Turtle, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Thank you for your very kind remarks. Our goal is to be the best we can be and to deliver a top notch product every time. Hope we see you again when you come over from Sarasota!
Wilmington
“WOW!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

I went here for dessert with my boyfriend yesterday and was very excited by the excellent variety of desserts. It was very hard to choose! After debating for a while I decided to go with the Snickers cheesecake. It was delicious!! The store itself is very cute and has a small seating area. We sat by a large window and played checkers in some comfy chairs. I had a really nice time stopping by here and would love to return.

1 Thank TheHungryMermaid
“Desert lovers delight”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

It's a desert, delicious coffee ,tea and wine place settled in one of St Augustine old houses. Try it you'll love it.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Judy K
Orlando
“Desert,coffee,wine oh my”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

We have gone every morning of our vacation. The mocha & caramel frappes are amazing. The next morning I had a caramel latte with almond milk. The best I have ever drank. I enjoyed the latte with a fresh croissant and strawberry preserves. I needed a little more pick me up later in the afternoon so I had one shot of expresso with a piece of the white chocolate raspberry cake.

3 Thank Wannabeglobetrotter2