“Cute, but not the best or most authentic pub in town”

The Prince of Wales
Ranked #57 of 584 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Just listed in The Southern Living Magazine September edition as one of their 8 favorite locations in St. Augustine. We have been in the top ten on TripAdvisor for over 3 Years. Once you have dined with us you will come back. Serving all the greats from across the pond, including The Best Hand Beer Battered Fish & Chips In Town, just ask around. Over 30 Beers Wines & Ciders.
Roanoke, Virginia
“Cute, but not the best or most authentic pub in town”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

While I enjoyed my meal and it's a nice place, if you want a truly authentic pub with better food and ale selection, go off the beaten path to The King's Head instead. It's not in the historic downtown, so it's much less crowded, and is without a doubt the best British Pub I have ever found in the U.S. The Prince of Wales is just okay...not overly impressed.

• Visited July 2014

Plymouth, Michigan
“Great fish and chips”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Just happened upon this pub, off the beaten path. Great fish and chips! The friendly Irish waitress suggested the small sized fish and chips for me and my sister. The portions were huge and so delicious!

• Visited August 2014
Marietta, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best fish and chips”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I love stopping at this pub in old town St. Augustine as they have the best fish and chips I've ever had. The service is top notch, they have a great selection of beers and a nice porch to eat on and people watch. I've been to this pub 5 times and they have quality food and the portions they serve are Texas size. If I'm going to be in St. Augustine I feel compelled to drip in and eat and tip a few cool ones... You will not be disappointed if you try this place out and the prices are reasonable given the portion sizes.

• Visited August 2014
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
“Nice little place”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We stopped into the Prince of Wales for a drink. We had so much fun in a short amount of time. The bartender, a woman with a strong accent, was so friendly and made us laugh the whole time we were there. It is tucked away a little on the side streets, but definitely a good find.

Visited July 2014
“Killer!”
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

In the mood for Fish & Chips? THIS IS THE PLACE!! Off the Main Street and sitting on a corner, flags flying, and seats ready for you! I can't say enough about the Fish & Chips but they have a great menu of other English dishes. Only one thing missing. A Manchester United scarf on the wall!