“Not Cuban at all”

Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Last night (Which was our first night in St. Augustine) we went to eat at this so called "Cuban" restaurant... IT IS NOT. Our server said the cooks were Mexican(nothing against mexicans) but I would guess that they would have been cubans. The food was really B A D. ordered a chicken noodle soup first at was so salty I could not finish it, the yuca was not fried crisp as should be, the soda had a strange flavor and I could go on with this. We asked for the owners name and will write her also. Please, please read these reviews and avoid going here, I wish I would have done this before eating there. Brian our server was very attentive and tried his best. Thanks Brian for your service.

There are newer reviews for Habana Village Cafe

Reviewed 15 February 2012

The waiter was very attentive and we thought we had come to a good place. The prices seemed reasonable, but: The food was very greasy, everything dripping from fat, no discernible spices, nothing like the cuban food I have eaten in Havana.
And the pork-dish was bland and overcooked.

Reviewed 14 February 2012

We were having a girls night out and someone suggested we go here...I was reluctant, but was persuaded by the majority. I have to say I wasn't at all disappointed. The food was good, and our waiter was a hoot. What was he going to do with about 6 adult women on a girls night out! Needless to say he had his hands full. He served our appetizers and our JELLO SHOTS first. LOL! Great time was had by all, including our waiter. I am sure he heard more than he had ever envisioned! Will definetly be back there!

Reviewed 24 January 2012

Needs more advertizing. Wonderful food. Great staff. Great prices. When we walked, the Cafe was empty. Can't imagine why. We were soooooooooo happy to have found this cafe. A "must return" restaurant.

Reviewed 4 January 2012

I visited with my husband and my Diabetic Alert Service Dog who is a miniature poodle and was contained in a service dog carry pouch, and we were approached with "you can't bring that dog in here" to which I responded "this is a service dog" and showed him the patch stating so on the carry pouch. He said "that's not a service dog; he's not big and isn't leading you around". I said "may I please speak to the manager" and he said "I am the General Manager of the restaurant; get that dog outta here." I cannot believe the ignorance of this person whose employment requires him to be knowledgable of the laws of the U.S Dept of Justice Disability Rights. We left the restaurant immediately to avoid further embarrassment.

2  Thank Glyn S