“Good value, quiet and clean”

Best Western St. Augustine I-95
Ranked #46 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
“Good value, quiet and clean”
Reviewed 3 August 2012 via mobile

Great stop on the travel route. Very comfortable beds and welcoming staff. Nice breakfast. Even though it is off I95, slept nine hours straight. Good location and clean hotel, even if it is older. The staff is helpful and kind to all. Upkeep of the hotel is ongoing as they work to keep the facility current. Will recommend to fellow travelers, as needed. Slight confusion on the traffic flow in and out of hotel onto main road. Just be careful and us U-turns. Hotel sits between both outlet malls, so take time to visit them

Stayed July 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Mars, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Revisit from my past stay, We picked this spot as we had stayed here before. Nice employees, room, bed and facilities. Also easy on and off interstate and close to outlets. We stayed a few nights and were very satisfied...............................................

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 July 2012

We were a bit sceptic due to the low price, but it was just as fine as a 100$ hotel. We stayed a few nights and were very satisfied. Great price!
The aircon was definitely noisy, but no different from the more expensive hotels we stayed at on other parts of our trip.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank CharlotteDreyer
Vero Beach, Florida
Reviewed 22 June 2012

We were headed North out of FL. and needed to stay close to 95 for an early start. We picked this spot as we had stayed before at a competing hotel off the same exit and were not satisfied with that choice, though it was cheaper. We are Gold Crown members of the Best Western franchise so always nice to gather points etc. Also at the time of booking, this BW had a more reasonable price point than either the Wingate or Holiday Inn. I overheard at the front desk that for my particular night, I did well by booking in advance, as others were quoted a higher price. Rack rate was $119.00. That said, I think this hotel is a great deal when you can get it for a reasonable price point. I paid $75.00 plus taxes and that is about all I would pay for this spot. The person who landed this same hotel for $48.00 did great and this place is well worth that price point. There are 2 other BW in the St. Augustine area, both of which are at a higher price point. The rooms were clean and had good lighting. Had an expanded line up for cable TV. Beds were comfy though we find that a lot of hotels are going with a small, less than standard sized pillow, which we do not particularly like. We had 2 beds with 4 of these small pillows on each bed. Looks nice but not great for sleeping. The location of this hotel is very close to the Outlets and a very easy drive down into the historic section. There are a few restaurants close by for those who do not want to venture out. Breakfast was more than adequate in the morning though they hold to the 6:30 AM opening. We had to wait outside the lobby until that time.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lorraine M
Easton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 21 June 2012

While I would not recommend this as a vacation destination, it was okay as a place to crash after a very very long drive. Front desk staff was pleasant, though not over friendly and didn't really volunteer any information. We checked in, with no reservation, about 8 pm. The television set in our room would not connect to the cable, it had an error message. We reported it to the desk but the young woman didn't seem to have a clue what to do about it. Luckily we were too tired to care about tv, and they did offer free wi-fi, so we could hook in to our electronics before falling asleep.

Beds were okay, but the pillows were like tiny half pillows and not comfortable at all unless you bunched them all up together.

The ventilation fan in the bathroom did not work at all. When we report it to the desk in the morning, the woman seemed to think that they never did work. very odd!

Morning continental breakfast was available - I grabbed coffee & juice for our travel group but we ate at the Denny's which was right next door. Breakfast offerings were breads & pastries,fruit, cereal, hard boiled eggs, make your own waffles, yogurt and I think instant oatmeal along with coffee, juice, tea and milk.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
, General Manager at Best Western St. Augustine I-95, responded to this review, 28 June 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our property. I am sorry to hear you had a problem with your television. Our front desk staff is trained at trouble-shooting problems such as cable, wi-fi, etc. To hear that the front desk wasn't helpful is troubling. Again, I apologize.
I hope that if you are in the area again, you will please give us another chance to provide you with superior customer care, along with a great value.

Bob Kenyon
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 15 June 2012

This hotel is handy to the highway and premium outlets across the road. There are fast food restaurants handy in the central hub of hotels in this loaction.The historic area of St Augustine is a short drive away from the hotel.
The Best Western is average for the price you pay. An older style motel where you can park your car outside your room. There is an outside balcony running the length of the hotel and a central exterior stairwell, which can be noisy with people carrying bags up and down. The swimming pool is located in a spacious area at the rear of the hotel.
The breakfast room is far too small for a motel this size. We saw people eating standing up as there were insufficient tables.
The bathroom is very small, but again, this is a low cost hotel, so I consider it ok.

Room Tip: Away from the stairs.