We had a very good stay with the average amenities provided with a budget style hotel. The room was in good condition with newer bed linens and pillows. The sink area was granite and added an upscale feel to the room. The carpet and curtains appeared to be newer as well.
Some small quibbles. The room was rather stuffy. At this time of year, it's not too hot, so it appeared that the A/C couldn't keep the temperature consistent. We ended up bringing in a box fan and that helped circulate the area tremendously. Another quibble was that there was no microwave or mini-fridge. A bit of a let down as we would have probably brought back leftovers from dinner instead of stuffing ourselves. OK, maybe not...
The room itself seemed to be a normal sized room, but with three adults and a child, it got kind of cramped. The bathroom was tiny, I will say.
The breakfast area was indeed a converted bedroom and was rather cramped as a result. But we only experienced this on Sunday morning when we went to breakfast at 8:30. The other mornings we went closer to closing time (9:30) and there were very few people in there. The attendants working the area were very attentive and kept everything stocked and clean. The choices for breakfast were rather slim. They had the obligatory waffle maker which was great, but the choice of cereals (Corn Flakes, Raisin Bran, Frosted Flakes) was not good. There was yogurt, boiled eggs, raisin toast, regular toasts, biscuits, and pastries. So a decent continental breakfast, but not the best I've ever had at a budget hotel. The trend is going towards hot offerings, so in order to remain viable, this hotel really needs to offer that. Bacon and sausage gravy for the biscuits would have been a vast improvement.
The other staff we encountered were super nice and helpful. The public areas were clean and well lit. We didn't use the pool but it looked nice enough.
All in all, the price was right and we'll be back in the future.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your BEST WESTERN St. Augustine I-95 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western St. Augustine i-95 Hotel Saint Augustine
- Saint Augustine Best Western
- Best Western Saint Augustine
- BEST WESTERN St. Augustine I-95 Florida