“Great Value”

Ranked #25 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
United States
“Great Value”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

* Convenient location * Close to historic district * Friendly staff * Terrific price/value * Good continental breakfast with eggs, pancakes, cereal, yogurt, waffles, juice and more * We enjoyed our one-night stay at the Best Western Historical Inn in Saint Augustine, FL

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Sunny G
Tom L, General Manager at Best Western Historical Inn, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Best Western Historical Inn I appreciate your taking the time to write this review. Your input is important to me and the staff here at Best Western. We are constantly looking at ways to improve our hotel to enhance our guest experience

Again, thank you for you stay with us. I hope to see you back very soon,

Tom Lane

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Mt. Pleasant, NC, United States
Reviewed 8 June 2014

My husband selected St. Augustine, Florida for a trip to celebrate our 49th wedding anniversary since I had never been there. We enjoyed all aspects of the trip. The weather was hot but beautiful. The room was a typical hotel room but was clean & had all we needed.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your response. It is nice to hear you had a nice stay with us. It is our goal to make your stay a pleasurable one and we are glad it was.

Brandon, Florida
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Our family of 4 stayed here for a weekend trip to St Augustine. The rooms were good, no major complaints. It is an old building so they did the best they could space wise, I read a lot of reviews about how small the rooms were and it worried me. But we were fine, it was a tight space but nothing that would ruin your stay. Small rooms or not, you cant beat the location! PERFECT! Very close to at least 3-5 trolley stops, across the street from Ripley's and a 5 minute walk to the fort and city gates. We had dinner at the restaurant next door (which I will review as well) and made good use of the mini fridge & microwave in the room. Also they serve breakfast on certain days and it was great. My kids loved everything they offered and that was an added bonus!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

Las Vegas, NV, United States
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Very good property for its age. Well kept, clean. Friendly, courteous, and helpful staff. Well located as to access to the historical venues we wanted to visit. Recommendations for dining, etc., were excellent. Stay at this property was enjoyable primarily due to staff's involvement. The sightseeing company associated with the hotel was very professional, the equipment was in good order, and the drivers were knowledgeable. I would stay at this property if the opportunity to visit St. Augustine presents itself in the future.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Tom L, General Manager at Best Western Historical Inn, responded to this review, 6 June 2014

California
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Easy to find location. We are avid walkers but found that we really did need to drive to the tourist areas of St. Augustine. The shuttle is certainly available if that is an option that you choose. This Best Western was certainly comfortable and I was leery about street noise but found that not to be any problem at all. Plenty of information in the front lobby area and helpful staff. Very small pool area, not so desirable. Our room did have a broken floor tile that lead into the bathroom. I placed a towel over it so as not to stub a toe or worse. I informed the front desk upon check out and hope they tended to it immediately as it had potential for a nasty cut. Good internet service.

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to street noise, choose your room wisely.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
I appreciate your taking the time to write this review. Your input is important to me and the staff here at Best Western. We are constantly looking at ways to improve our hotel to enhance our guest experience as in the case of your pointing out a place in the room the needed repair.

I hope to see you back very soon,

Hudson, Florida
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I was pleasantly surprised with the great service and the hotel was nice and quiet considering the number of guests. Good location to downtown but not in the middle of all the commotion. Great breakfast!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Tom L, General Manager at Best Western Historical Inn, responded to this review, 24 May 2014

Again, thank you for you stay with us. I hope to see you back very soon,

Brooksville, Florida
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Recently for my birthday my husband took me to St. Augustine. Being that we only wanted to stay for just one night we picked this Best Western (being a member) due to its convenient location and that they offer shuttle buses to the trolley stop. We had a problem with the first room with the air conditioner and the front desk immediately changed our room to but sure our stay was pleasant. The breakfast was all you would need to get your day started and the coffee was excellent. That being said I gave it 4 stars but would recommend to the hotel to freshen up thier linens as they were a bit tired but clean as was the room. I would stay there again. Also the front desk was most helpful on what to not miss on our trip.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your response. It is great to hear you had a nice stay with us. It is our goal to make your stay a pleasurable one and we are glad it was.