“Savory Food Faire Tour”

Casa Monica Resort & Spa, Autograph Collection
Ranked #16 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The Casa Monica is absolutely beautiful and the location in Saint Augustine's historical district is the best there is! The staff were over the top with professionalism and courtesy. Cleanliness was "WOW"! The bed was soooo comfortable....sheets, pillows, covers - everything. A nice touch having the Bose radio playing a relaxing CD when we first entered the room. Definitely a return trip is wanted.

Room Tip: I suggest a room with a view of the courtyard in front of the old court house - I think the court ya...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,829)

Reviewed 29 June 2014

My friends and I stayed in the Flagler suite for a girl's weekend. The hotel is beautiful. However, upon arrival there were dirty men's socks left in the room. The rooms were also 90 degrees when we arrived and never really cooled off the entire weekend. It was cooler in the hallway than in our suite.
The website stated that our room would include a microwave and wine welcome amenity upon arrival, however, these were not included. The staff did take care of these issues, but when you are expecting these things in your room upon arrival and they're not there, it's a little disappointing.
The staff was very accommodating and helpful through all of the issues we had during our stay at the Casa Monica. And the pool was very relaxing. I would not recommend the Flagler Suite to others.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank TamL86
KesslerCorporate, Executive Admin. at Casa Monica Resort & Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent experience at the Casa Monica. We regret to hear that your experience was less than satisfactory. We sincerely apologize for the items left in the room, high room temperature, and lack of expected amenities. The scenario you described falls short of not only your expectations but also our standards. We are pleased that you enjoyed our pool and hotel overall. As we strive to provide exceptional service, we are thrilled to hear that our service was satisfactory. We would be pleased upon your return to our hotel for another opportunity to provide outstanding experiences.

Amanda Gay
Executive Admin.
Casa Monica Hotel

Reviewed 29 June 2014

This is our second of a four day stay at Casa Monica St Augustine. I was distressed to find that off site parking isn't free, as was noted to me in email correspondence with the hotel staff, and I had to go feed a meter every few hours yesterday. We will look for alternative parking on Monday because the 25$ valet is a little over the top for us.

PROS:
The rooms are furnished very well, though on the small side for me and my two kids. Lots of pillows and beautiful linens/furniture.

Excellent shade cabanas in the pool area

Adorable hot tub

super comfy beds and great light blocking drapes, very little outside noise

Very friendly and helpful staff so far!

CONS:

My kids were disappointed about not getting the high floor that we requested (but are happy to be on the same level as the pool.)

I was disappointed in the room service breakfast. Eggs Benedict isn't an easy dish to get right, and probably just shouldn't order it from room service. My food was lukewarm and eggs were not poached at all- they were completely cooked through. (coffee was fantastic)

Expensive wifi (9.95/day) which is limited to one device (there are three of us in this room all with our own device) I did not have access to any free wifi in pool area or lobby as was stated in another review.

Room Tip: Pay for the premium room upgrade. We are in one and I can't imagine what we would do it our room...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank pageluft
Reviewed 29 June 2014

My sister stayed here and the hotel was lovely. They enjoyed it & I appreciate them cancelling my reservation. Just make sure you read cancellation policy before you confirm.luxurious rooms great amenities.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2014

My wife & I stayed at Casa Monica Hotel a few days ago & had a fabulous time. This was our second time staying here & will definitely come back again. The hotel staff is very friendly & helpful. It is the nicest hotel in St. Augustine. Everyone we told we were staying there said they knew it was the best hotel in town.

1  Thank Bill F
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I stayed here for two nights with my then 15 year old son during part of his Spring Break in March. Our stay, overall, was fabulous! I highly recommend it, especially if you only have a few days to take in all of the sights and really enjoy what the old town part of the city has to offer.

The location can't be beat!! Park you car and forget parking worries and woes, as this is a walking tour kind of area. The trolley tour tickets can easily be purchased for a tour as well as transportation to almost anywhere you want to go and they go right past the hotel. The hotel is adjacent to the wonderful museum and collage campus which are the other former hotels that made St. Augustine famous in it's heyday. The Casa Monica is the only one of the original that still perform hotel services. Tours of the other former hotel sites (collage tours are run several times daily, museum has all-day general entrance fee) and are easily accessed by merely crossing the street. The hotels were destinations to the likes of the Newport, RI crowd, and are very opulent and served a great place in St. Augustine History, so you won't want to overlook them.

We booked a room with a "preferred view" as I was trying to avoid the odd "half window" rooms people had reviewed. Strangely enough, that is exactly what we got, a half window. They are called "prayer windows" and only come up half way, if that. One needs to bend over or sit on the floor to see out. No one is sure why the building was built that way, but if you don't care about a view and just want larger room space, this is the way to go. If you want a full window view, be sure to book it with a live person at the front desk or you might be surprised.

The restaurant downstairs serves amazing fine dining meals. We ate one dinner there and that in itself was worth the stay. Wow. I normally do not treat myself to such luxuries (for me and a teenage boy) but we were "comped" a meal there due to an unfortunate incident where the bellhop mistakenly opened our door with several people wanting to view a room (they thought ours was empty). The staff was more than apologetic for such an unprofessional faux-pas, and they more than compensated for it with our meal.

There is a Starbucks cafe in the corner of the building with cafe tables along the balcony/patio that parallels the perimeter of the cafe. They serve some items from the restaurant there as well. Nice corner perch to plan your day. The major attractions are within walking distance, including many eating establishments, as well as the trolley "hop on/hop off" feature (if you have tickets). Be forewarned, however, the trolley does not run into the evening year round. Be sure to check the times the trolley runs during your stay to see if you can get a return trip from evening activities.

The room itself had a spacious area by the prayer window for a desk (with chair and desk lamp) as well as an overstuffed chair, table and floor lamp. The bathroom was quite large with very updated surfaces and fixtures. There was a mini bar, two small closets within the furniture arrangement, as well as drawers and a large flat screen TV. There was a nightstand with CD player/clock alarm and lamps and there was luxurious premier bedding. The beds were quite comfortable, as evidenced by the amount of time my son spent in his.

I did a lot of sightseeing by myself which was accommodated by the hotel's location. My son enjoyed his sleep immensely (rooms were pretty quiet except for adjoining door areas). There were many amenities we did not partake of but looked fabulous. There is an amazing looking pool with cabanas, a bar area, an art gallery, fabulous lobby, valet parking, etc. Elevators were very efficient. Housekeeping was very friendly when addressed, otherwise thorough and minimally evasive while working around the guests' varying schedules.

The staff was stupendous in their knowledge and helpfulness as well as professional when misfortunate events arose. I would highly recommend this hotel and it's staff and would immediately seek it out for accommodations the next time I find myself in St. Augustine.

Room Tip: Avoid "preferred view" rooms if you do not want a prayer window, although the rooms themse...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Wanderbunny
Reviewed 27 June 2014

My wife and I stayed here one night. The property is very well located in downtown. Staff was very friendly, especially the valet. The specialty drinks are worth checking out at the bar. Wether you're staying multiple nights, or just one, this is not an experience that you want to miss out on.

2  Thank Benjamin M