“Very Nice Stay”

Ranked #60 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
Homosassa
“Very Nice Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

We stayed at this Quality Inn while on a bus tour. Our room was immaculate, the breakfast was very good with excellent service, cooking waffles to order and replenishing supplies. The only negative was the train tracks right behind the hotel...a train went through 4 times from 10pm until morning but with the AC on we went right back to sleep! One other thing, some folks were booked on the 2nd floor with no elevator so request the 1st floor if that is a problem for you.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Quality Inn H, Guest Relations Manager at Magnuson Hotel Historic St. Augustine, responded to this review, 29 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank You for you recent stay with us! I am so glad we were able to exceed your expectations on your recent trip. I am also glad the train did not disturb you too much. You offer great advice for traveler's as well we are happy to help with first floor requests in addition to poolside for those that might be light sleepers. Poolside is a little quieter so I suggest those for the light sleeper. We are a great location with a lovely Free hot breakfast in the morning the owner, Fred, enjoys meeting every guest, so I hope to see you again at breakfast soon!

Marielena

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

This hotel is very close to the historic distric and it is basically clean. However, be aware there are no sidewalks along the road to get there. It is an older hotel with room access on the outside. As a single woman traveling, I did not like this. Also, what they fail to mention, is the hotel is RIGHT by the railroad tracks. The front desk lady told me that the train never blows the whistle. Guess what? 3am train whistle right outside the room. I wish that has been what woke me up. Nope, there was a crazy lady outside screaming at god knows what all night long. You would have thought the manager would have has her removed from the premises. Would've been nice to actually get some sleep. I said something to the front desk attendant at check out, he just shrugged his shoulders.
So, I guess if you're there for only a night, it would do. I did not enjoy my stay though.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Guest,

I am so sorry we did not meet your expectations on your recent stay. It is always our intentions to make every guest feel like home whether they are with us one night or ten. The train is not supposed to blow there whistle when they come thru unless there is something on the tracks so I am so sorry it disturbed you. I can say in all my years I have et to hear the whistle so it is a rare occasion I am sorry it was on the night you were here. The railway is the oldest running railway making it a landmark which means we cannot block it or add a wall of any kind. Some guests enjoy watching it go by. I can suggest though if you are a light sleeper to request poolside for a quiet night. Our lobby is open 24 hours so if there is a loud guest somewhere we would gladly ask them to quiet down as well, just please ring the front desk attendant as at times they my miss something if they are busy but a quick call and we will be happy to help. I hope you will give us another chance to show you the quality of our hotel. If you would like to discuss the matters further feel free to email me at marielena@qualityinnhistoric.com

Sincerely

Lakeland, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

The room was great! All my questions were always answered, great service from Marielena. She had many amazing recommendations for everything that goes on in town, very helpful! Great experience, would recommend it and would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Quality Inn H, Public Relations Manager at Magnuson Hotel Historic St. Augustine, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank You for your recent stay at the Quality Inn Historic! I am glad our staff was able to exceed your expectations as most of our staff has been with us for a long time so they all take pride in the job and our town. Thank you for the recommendations and we hope to see you again soon!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

Although there weren't too many great reviews about this place, they knocked it out of the park for me. The only problem I had with my room was the phone didn't work besides that, clean rooms, great breakfast, and that staff are all sweet and very helpful. The staff definitely did it for me, thankyou for the amazing service and I will definitely stay again.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Quality Inn H, Guest Relations Manager at Magnuson Hotel Historic St. Augustine, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Dear Guest,

I am so glad we exceeded your expectations during your stay! Our team tries to go above and beyond for each guest as we know customer service is very important. You will be happy to know as renovating is an ongoing process and we are currently updating all the phones in the room so I am sure by your next stay you will not have the same problem. We are also installing new flat screen T.V's so they too will be a nice addition. We look forward to seeing you again and don't forget our town has turned on their 2 million Christmas lights so we hope to see you soon!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

We stayed at this hotel on our way to Florida and it was wonderful. Excellent location in the historic district and within a short walk to the trolley stop. Room was very clean and well decorated. The staff was extremely helpful. Will stay there again on our next trip to St. Augustine.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
De Leon Springs, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

I love Choice hotels because i know what I'm getting. Upon checkin i had to initial that i was aware that they were next to railroad tracks. I had a room closer to the road so it wasn't a problem.
The room was older but clean. The staff was very accommodating and nice.
The jewel in the crown for me was the location. VERY easy to get to everywhere.
Will definitely stay again!

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Quality Inn H, Guest Relations Manager at Magnuson Hotel Historic St. Augustine, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank-You for your wonderful comments! I am so glad you were able to stay and take advantage of how close we are to the historic area. We are in the historic area so we are an older property so upkeep is very important and I am glad to hear you noticed we do our very best to keep up with our hotel. Thank-You again and maybe next time I will see you in the morning for our Free Hot breakfast before you begin your sightseeing!
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

I stayed at the Quality Inn Historic in St.Augustine for a brief vaca in Sept. It was a great time I will never forget! The hotel was great! The employees treat you very well! Lady at the front desk Marielena Scibelli was so pleasant. Went out of her way to make sure we settled in ok. Will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed September 2013