This property is nicely located close to the old town. It's a bit on the tired side, but only a bit. Overall we found it clean and functional.
Room was clean and in OK shape. Nice beds. Bathroom was clean and functional. Decor geting a bit dated but not unpleasant.
There is a railroad track right behind the property, but the trains didn't bother us. It looked like the windows had been upgraded to provide some soundproofing. In comparison, the road out front was quite busy and I would choose the train side over the road side - traffic is constant whereas trains are infrequent.
Breakfast buffet was better than many places in this price range - some hot items available, nice breakfast area. Good coffee.
I would not hesitate to stay here again.While not upscale, there was nothing wrong with the place and we had a restful night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Magnuson Hotel Historic St. Augustine is located in scenic downtown St. Augustine, overlooking the beautiful San Sebastian River and Flagler Era railroad to the west. Leave your car and walk to area restaurants and shops, plus the town trolley and train stops are a 10 minute walk from the Magnuson Hotel Historic St. Augustine. You will be minutes from shopping at the Belz Outlet Mall, gator viewing at the Alligator Farm Zoological Park, and the fast paced world of racing at the Daytona International Speedway are all near the Magnuson Hotel Historic St. Augustine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Magnuson Hotel Historic St. Augustine reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn Historic Hotel Saint Augustine
- Quality Inn Saint Augustine
- Saint Augustine Quality Inn
- Magnuson Hotel Historic St. Augustine Florida