My close friend and I went up to the Northeast Section of the State in order to attend The Player's Championship. We were looking for a hotel close enough to the venue to allow us to sleep late but far enough away that we would not be charged an arm and a leg to stay. We settled on the Comfort Suites, World Golf Village.
First the good...
This place is in an ideal location. It is easy to get in and out of, has rapid access to the Interstate, and is visible from the Interstate so it would be really hard to miss it and end up lost.
The staff (namely Shannon) was extremely friendly - very welcoming when we checked in. Check-in was fast and simple and within 10 minutes of driving up to the property we were in our room.
Our room, on the top floor, was spacious and clean. There was always a good re-stock of linens and soaps throughout our stay and the beds were quite comfortable. The room was also quiet, as was the whole floor, which was probably not the case on lower floors as there was a convention of 10 year olds who arrived our second night and stayed down on the third floor. I overheard guest from that floor saying how loud those kids were - thankfully we were above all of that noise.
The breakfast, which is included, was good but not great. But there was plenty of food and staff members were always around to re-stock when things ran low.
The pool area was nice and quiet - not a lot of people using it.
The onsite bar was wonderful. Ask Sarah for her world famous "Fruit Punch". You won't regret it.
And then there was some bad things....
The A/C in the room had a hard time keeping up and, even though it was set on 60 degrees, it went off several times and the room never really seemed completely chilled down.
The water pressure, for whatever reason, was inconsistent. It was nice and hot but it would trickle out one moment and hit you hard in the face the next.
The TV remote had to be pointed just the right way to work - not a big deal at all but I am trying to give you a true heads up as to what you can expect if you opt to stay here.
The prices in the "store" were up there a little. Again not that big of a deal because you don't have to buy anything unless you want to. But just go in knowing that it will be close to $10 for a soda and a snack if you do opt to buy anything from there.
There are no restaurants within walking distance. Plan on getting in the car to get dinner. Or ordering something for delivery.
The big question is "Would you stay there again?" The answer is absolutely and without hesitation, YES. The problems we had were small when compared to the overall value and cleanliness of the property. When added to the convenient location, this is the place I will stay when I head back up to the Jax-St. Augustine area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 162 room interior corridor hotel nestled on a private lake in the World Golf Village area. We have an outdoor pool and two Gazebo's that overlook Lake Commerce in the World Golf Village area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your St Augustine Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites At The World Golf Village Hotel Saint Augustine
- Comfort Suites Saint Augustine
- Saint Augustine Comfort Suites
- St Augustine Hotel & Suites St. Augustine, Florida