St Augustine Hotel & Suites
Best Western St. Augustine Beach Inn(Saint Augustine Beach)(Great Value!)
US$163
US$141
Hotels.com
Southern Oaks Inn(St. Augustine)(Great Value!)
US$126
US$159
US$141
US$207
US$178
US$257
US$228
  • Pool
Ascend Collection Castillo Real(Saint Augustine Beach)(Great Value!)
US$179
US$159
AscendHotels
Jaybird's Inn(St. Augustine)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$128
Orbitz.com
La Fiesta Ocean Inn & Suites(Saint Augustine Beach)
US$150
US$146
Travelocity
Holiday Isle Oceanfront Resort(Saint Augustine Beach)
US$121
US$118
Orbitz.com
US$250
US$215
  • Restaurant
All reviewsthe world golf villageoutdoor poolminute drivebed was comfortableyogurtstmicrowavepetdowntownfloridaoutlets
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 June 2012

We have stayed at this hotel several times over the past 5 years. My family enjoys the big pool and indoor pool if the weather turns bad. Its never really very busy or cramped. The rooms are normally very clean and well kept. The staff was very friendly in the past. Something has changed, the staff seems stressed out. I do not want to feel like i'm bothering the desk clerk when asking for more towels or some extra soap. The hotel does not seem to be well kept any longer. My room was very damp, and my allergies instantly started bothering me. It rained the second night we stayed and that's when the mold smell started to really become strong. After calling the front desk , the clerk made me feel like I was crazy and that my room was fine. I will not stay there again, as this has really hurt my opinion of this property and the brand.

Room Tip: Ask to go into the room first-
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank yorkielover65
Reviewed 28 May 2012 via mobile

Room was very clean. Service was excellent. Great breakfast bar. wi-fi not strong enough without cable so my husband and I could not use both laptops but threats a minor issue. Everything else was wonderful.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 17 May 2012

Clean, comfortable accommodations, delicious breakfast and the staff was excellent and very pleasant. Location was very convenient to our friends who live only 4-5 minutes from this location. Great stay!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 May 2012

My close friend and I went up to the Northeast Section of the State in order to attend The Player's Championship. We were looking for a hotel close enough to the venue to allow us to sleep late but far enough away that we would not be charged an arm and a leg to stay. We settled on the Comfort Suites, World Golf Village.

First the good...
This place is in an ideal location. It is easy to get in and out of, has rapid access to the Interstate, and is visible from the Interstate so it would be really hard to miss it and end up lost.
The staff (namely Shannon) was extremely friendly - very welcoming when we checked in. Check-in was fast and simple and within 10 minutes of driving up to the property we were in our room.
Our room, on the top floor, was spacious and clean. There was always a good re-stock of linens and soaps throughout our stay and the beds were quite comfortable. The room was also quiet, as was the whole floor, which was probably not the case on lower floors as there was a convention of 10 year olds who arrived our second night and stayed down on the third floor. I overheard guest from that floor saying how loud those kids were - thankfully we were above all of that noise.
The breakfast, which is included, was good but not great. But there was plenty of food and staff members were always around to re-stock when things ran low.
The pool area was nice and quiet - not a lot of people using it.
The onsite bar was wonderful. Ask Sarah for her world famous "Fruit Punch". You won't regret it.

And then there was some bad things....
The A/C in the room had a hard time keeping up and, even though it was set on 60 degrees, it went off several times and the room never really seemed completely chilled down.
The water pressure, for whatever reason, was inconsistent. It was nice and hot but it would trickle out one moment and hit you hard in the face the next.
The TV remote had to be pointed just the right way to work - not a big deal at all but I am trying to give you a true heads up as to what you can expect if you opt to stay here.
The prices in the "store" were up there a little. Again not that big of a deal because you don't have to buy anything unless you want to. But just go in knowing that it will be close to $10 for a soda and a snack if you do opt to buy anything from there.
There are no restaurants within walking distance. Plan on getting in the car to get dinner. Or ordering something for delivery.

The summary....
The big question is "Would you stay there again?" The answer is absolutely and without hesitation, YES. The problems we had were small when compared to the overall value and cleanliness of the property. When added to the convenient location, this is the place I will stay when I head back up to the Jax-St. Augustine area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor - no noise above you!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Just stayed here for a series of regional church meetings. The room I shared with a colleague was large and had 2 queen beds. As with all Comfort Suites, the term "Suite" is misleading as there is a half wall between the "living room" area with a couch and the "bedroom" where the two beds were. Still, it's larger than most budget hotel/motel rooms, well furnished with refrigerator and microwave and the beds were comfortable.

The lobby is nice and there is a gift shop with a freezer with microwave meals. This is the first Comfort Suites I've seen with a bar on premises. There are a couple of nice gazebos out back overlooking the lake. The staff was friendly and accommodating.

The breakfast was okay with several choices. The omelet I had was lukewarm, but better than I've had at some places. There was also ham, biscuits & gravy and make your own waffles in addition to the normal assortment of cold cereal and yogurt.

All in all it was a good value for the area with the group rate we had for our meetings and I'd definitely consider going back should my travels take me there.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business