“Third time”

St Augustine Hotel & Suites
Ranked #59 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
Reviewed 22 April 2013

We have stayed here on three different occasions. This was not as good as the first two. Our tub leaked onto floor from rust. Room Key did not work well. Staff was nice. Wifi only available in lobby. Breakfast was ok

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 13 April 2013

We are staying right now and we are here sitting wondering why a beautifully landsacaped hotel, with waterfalls, killer views of the pool, beautiful building...and roomy rooms is not a place we want to come back. We don't underatand why the doors of the rooms have a gap and they are scratched and dirty. The nice jetted tub is moldy and rusted. The kitchenette looks cheap and dirty. And we could have looked over all that but the worst is THERE IS NO WIFI in the rooms! What hotel does not have wifi these days? I don't understand why such a beautiful place is not better taken care of. We are not coming back.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank sharaegirl
Reviewed 8 April 2013

The hotel looks nice in the lobby an exterior but the room was a let down. The hotel served its purpose. We were visiting St. Augustine and stayed here overnight. The room that we were in smelled of mold. It had a very strong odor and the linens were dingy. Just thankful I was only there overnight.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 April 2013

This hotel looks great from the outside. It is old on the inside. They do not have wireless internet in the rooms. It is available on the first floor only. The room we stayed in had an old tube style TV. The picture was not very good. We stayed on the 3rd floor, at about 6:30am the people beside us must have gone to breakfast because their giant dog barked on and off for about an hour. I knew they allowed pets, most of the Comfort Suites we have stayed in keep them limited to the first floor this one does not.
This location is about 15 minutes from St Augustine but it is only 2 minutes from the World Golf Hall of Fame. I would not stay there again.

Reviewed 29 March 2013

They say pets only on third floor this is not true we stayed on the fifth floor on march 24 an 25 2013 dogs barked all night staff did nothing about it our AC did not work friday night but was fixed sat. our door would not not lock was fixed ice machine was broken on fifth an on fourth floor gave up on ice room smell like dog shower was real week. Staff very untrained asked for general manager said she does not work on weekends hotel looks really nice on outside but inside not very nice talked to general manager on monday very very rude did not apologize just made excuses never again

Room Tip: dont no it
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 March 2013

I can officially say that this was one of the worst hotels I have stayed in. It starts off when my husband called a week ahead of time to make sure that the rooms were smoke free, as well as DOG free. I am severely allergic to both !!! They told him that they kept all dogs in the rooms on the 3rd floor only !!! Guess what ? As we got to our room on the 5th floor, 2 dogs welcomed us by incessant barking directly across the hallway. When my husband called down to the front desk to let them know, they told him they would try and find the guests from that room. After 2 hours of barking, we called down again to find out why they were still here, they stated that they contacted them and they would be back soon. The lady at the front desk told my husband that she would move us, but we were traveling with my mother and father and we didnt want them to have to repack up there room. The guests arrived at 10:02 at night to move to another room, I know this because the dogs would not shut up !! The room we stayed in smelled musty and stale. When my husband got home from our trip he called the manager.. Elizabeth Drakeford, she was very rude, not one time apologizing, but very disrespectful. This was the first and last time I ever stay here.

Room Tip: Make sure your room is really dog free !!
Reviewed 19 March 2013

We've been going back and forth to my parents' house for yrs and we always see this hotel from Interstate 95 and me and my hubby would always say that next time, we just have to try this hotel. And so we did, and OMG, what a dissappointment! I expected this hotel to look magnificent inside as it is outside. First off, the front desk clerk. If you really want ppl to have a good impression of the hotel, start from the very first someone....Your hotel is one of the host hotel for the World Golf Village. Clerk needs clothes ironed. Hair needs fix, have a smile...at least. ok then we go into the room. Don't want to take so much time to write every details that was wrong in this room. I can mention some of them though...TV outdated, rust seen all over the bathroom, vanity is falling apart, dust in the vent and AC units, etc...etc... I believe the maintenance and the housekeepers are responsible with all that is wrong in that room. The breakfast was OK. Just OK. Only stayed one night. It's a shame to have a property this good to go downhill. By the way, double doors in the lobby need to be automatic. Hard to hold the door while you have luggage and luggage carts at the same time. No, we will not recommend and no we will not come back unless we hear something good about this property.