“Best Hotel Stay Ever”

Ranked #10 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
Williamson
“Best Hotel Stay Ever”
Reviewed 12 July 2013

I wandered upon this hotel by accident. I am so glad I did. The entire staff are so incredibly nice and so caring and helpful. This is a 100% Pet Friendly Hotel as I was told when I arrived. They offer to walk your dogs for you while you are out site seeing, check on them if you want them to, help unpack your car if you need help, they even got my daughter hot chocolate for breakfast because she asked if they had any. They have a great continental breakfast every day. It saves you a fortune if you take advantage of it. I was told that is what Hospitality is. Asked for towel's; got them. Asked for extra garbage bags, no problem. The room was amazing. Brand new. New wood floors. No nasty carpet to worry about. The most comfortable bed I have ever slept in and great pillow's too. New furniture throughout. And a great pool too. For the pet owner's though; my dog hurt herself so I thought. Comes to find out, she burned her pads on her feet on the hot blacktop and they blistered and popped so wherever you stay in Florida, don't walk them on the hot blacktop. This was the most accommodating and comfortable motel stay I have ever had. I highly recommend this hotel to people who like a clean and friendly place to stay.

Room Tip: There is a train at night nearby and stop and go traffic due to a traffic light so try to get a room...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jennifer D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Farmingville, New York
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Our great experience started with my introduction to Cassie. She works at a sister property that they take care of and directed me here when her hotel was all booked. She went above and beyond. Once we arrived at the property we were very happy. We were booked at a place on St Augustine beach that was just horrible and we had to leave. This place took us in with open arms. Only open for 9 days the place is immaculate. Beautiful rooms, comfortable beds, hot showers, refrigerator, microwave, flat screen tv, towels for the beautiful pool. The staff that runs this place was truly amazing. They went way above and beyond to assist you with any of your needs. Truly a wonderful experience. We will definitely go back. Walking distance to downtown St Augustine. Best of luck to Dylan & Kevin and all of you there. Thank you for a great stay.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 5 July 2013

Place was newly renovated - incredible transformation. Husband and I were looking for a quiet getaway and this was perfect. Room was large and nicely finished. Beds and linens are new and comfortable. Pool was nicely refinished and perfect temp. Had microwave and fridge which was great since it was so hot out to keep water in. I am very picky about hotels and usually won't stay anywhere but the Hilton-type chains but this was awesome! We'll be back!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank luvdabeach2
Saint Augustine, Florida, United States
Reviewed 5 July 2013

Our family stayed @ the newly completely re-modeled Southern Oaks Inn for the 4th of July celebration so we could walk to watch the fireworks downtown and not get stuck in traffic for an hour! Everything was perfect! These rooms are completely re-done.... brand new hard wood floors, new HD Toshiba flat screen on the wall, brand new furniture, and the mattresses also brand new and the MOST comfortable ever for my bad back! When everything is new, there is no other choice.
The Lobby is just as beautiful, and the staff had gone all out for the celebration and had food galore for anyone who wanted to grab a bite before the fireworks, and you feel like your at "home" and that is what staying in a motel/hotel is all about....being as comfortable as you would be in your own home. All of the guests mingled, doors open friendly conversation, good company and kids splashing round in the oversized pool. It was great! The price was more than fair for this area , I checked around. It was a no brainer to stay in a new room, with coffee and bagels waiting for you in the dining area in the morning, compliments of the friendly staff. Decided to make another night of it, and I know where we will stay next time we want to visit Historic Downtown... Southern Oaks Inn!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family