Southern Oaks Inn
US$240
US$158
US$127
AscendHotels
Best Western St. Augustine Beach Inn(Saint Augustine Beach)(Great Value!)
US$137
US$133
BestWestern.com
Holiday Inn St. Augustine - Historic(St. Augustine)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$118
Jaybird's Inn(St. Augustine)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$220
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
1,574 results
All reviewsdog runcheese gritslaminate floorsdog parkroom was cleanred trainhome friespet friendly hotelfree breakfastacross the streethot breakfastfrench toastgreat place to staystay there againbreakfast staffyogurtexcellent breakfast
Reviewed 13 October 2013

This property is undergoing a major renovation. The public spaces have been tastefully tiled and furnished, and the completed guest rooms have new tile and hard wood laminate floors, fresh coats of paint, and new a/c units. The bathroom was also newly tiled. The bed was new, and was by far the most comfortable hotel mattress that I have slept upon in many years! Although a bit spartan (there was no seating to watch tv, just one rather uncomfortable kitchen-like chair at a table, and no art on the walls, so it seemed like a work in progress), the room was extra clean. I wish the owners had sprung for a few extras like removing the popcorn ceiling, replacing the bathroom door and bathroom door frame molding (ours did not stay shut and there were signs of old wood rot), putting in a new sink (the faucet had been updated) with something more modern, and updating the old towel shelving in the sink area. However, I can overlook those things for cleanliness and that awesome bed! The staff was friendly, upbeat, and accommodating. Outdoors, the pool was sparkling clean and the grounds, while not lavishly landscaped, are nicely kept. It is a dog-friendly property, and we heard a dog bark only once. There were activities to keep kids occupied during the continental breakfast. While we don't have young children anymore, this is a nice touch that sets this hotel apart from others. The location just north of the historic district is a nice walk on San Marcos. We did not feel unsafe, even at night. We will be staying at Southern Oaks Inn on our next visit to St. Augustine and will enjoy seeing the success of this property as the owners bring it back to life.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 2nd floor towards the back of the property. The road noise from US 1 could disturb light sleepers.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Wendy S
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

Passing through St Augustine and we decided to stay a night and get back on the road in the morning. We found this hotel on my hotels.com app and we went in to inquire. Rates were cheaper at the desk so we booked a room for the night. The woman at the desk was very nice, the lobby was spacious and nice. They allow pets without a weight limit which is nice to hear since I have two big dogs I would like to travel with.

The woman gave us our room number and just said to go around bak to park and get to the rooms. We went around back and every room looked deserted and inside you can see they were still doing construction on the rooms. We got out anyway and started walking to the room that had our number on it until we realized we must be in the wrong place. It was so dark. We got everything back in the car and drove to another back part of the lot. We finally found it. The room was clean and pretty nice. The wood floor was nice, the beds were comfortable and it had a fridge, microwave, tv, ironing board, iron and hair dryer.

Rooms were noisy though. When a/c went off I could hear everything outside, downstairs and next door. Also the comforters weren't thick enough to keep us warm so we used two for the night.

Breakfast was ok - bagels, danishes, cereal and yogurt. Fine for me but might disappoint those who like eggs or waffles.

One thing strange about the rooms would be silly, and has no impact on what I think of the hotel, it's just something I noticed. Why did they place the tv on the wall? It had the wires hanging down the wall to the floor which looked sloppy. Just place the tv on the table and leave it like that.

Seems like they had a nice little gated dog area and a pool. Everyone seemed friendly. It also seems like they're in the middle of renovating it. I think with a little more it can be a really good place. For the price it was okay for me. I would go back.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Renee N
Reviewed 7 October 2013

The room was great, just big enough (who stays in their room anyway in St. Augustine).
New floors and beds and nice TV, very clean.The staff was super nice, helped with everything we needed or asked. It was a great trip and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank kristin424
sabhadmin, Owner at Southern Oaks Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Dear Kristin424:

Thank you for staying at the Southern Oaks Inn. I am very happy that you had such a good experience staying with us. I hope we see again soon.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

Was very impressed with hotel and overall with mgnt and staff. The rooms are spacious very clean and comfortable. Continental breakfast was very good. Staff has activities for guests especially for children. Most definitely will stay at Southern Oaks Inn on my next visit to Saint Augustine.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Norma G
sabhadmin, Owner at Southern Oaks Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2013

Dear Norman G.

I deeply appreciate that you stayed at the Southern Oaks Inn and that you had a "Great Experience." Thank you for the kind words about the rooms, the cleanliness of the Southern Oaks Inn, and the hospitality of the entire Staff. I am also very happy to hear you enjoyed the activities we provide. I hope we see you soon.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

I was pleasantly surprised with our stay at Southern Oaks, and we will certainly stay here again! We had the best pet-friendly room EVER; clean, comfortable; it was a great weekend away! The staff was extrememly friendly; very helpful...we'll certainly stay here again next time we visit St. Augustine!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Keri P

Dear Kari P:

Thank you for the kind words about the staff and the rooms. It is truly an honor to have the "best pet-friendly room EVER" and that you will "certainly" stay at the Southern Oaks Inn the next time you are in St Augustine.