“Very surprising and enjoyable experience.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Southern Oaks Inn

Southern Oaks Inn
Ranked #10 of 79 Hotels in St. Augustine
GreenLeadersSilver level
valdosta ga
“Very surprising and enjoyable experience.”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

From the moment I walked in the lobby I was treated like a member of the family.I actually stopped in by mistake but after I met the staff I decided to stay for the night.the rooms were very very clean , bright and fresh .the absence of carpet and comforter are both huge pluses in my book.I will be staying there whenever I'm in the area. Michael Mc. Valdosta Ga

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank mcclellanairpark
sabhadmin, Owner at Southern Oaks Inn, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Thank you very much for the kind words. We look forward to having you again as our guest.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Gainesville, Florida, Usa
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Staff was very friendly, rooms were very nicely remodeled and it was a short distance from everything. Would definitely recommend this hotel and will be back. Thanks for a great stay! The owner's daughter even greets you with goodies and there's a pet squirrel in the lobby... kind of awesome.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Haily M.

It is very good to hear that you “would definitely recommend” the Southern Oaks Inn to others. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Stayed here during the Mumford & Sons concert. Quite the fiasco, I must say when it came to lodging. But I had the luck of being in their mailing list from an April 2013 stay at Beach House. I was happy for the following reasons:
1. It was clean, granted I think we were the first to stay in the room but the place in/out/around the Inn was kept neat and clean.
2. Genuine niceness from the staff. Sometimes I couldn't tell who were the staff or the guests - but it was low key down to Earth kind of place. I think if I had insinuated the I wanted more service they would have been available. But for the most part I didn't get constant attention -- which is really nice a lot of times you know? Letting you relax but being readily available when you need them? That's perfect.
3. Free breakfast! Yummo! I didn't expect this, but that was nice. At the time of my visit they were not serving eggs or meat - but it's an inn, and I think folks need to be fair on their expectations.
4. Price. Even though there were awful hotels going for stupid expensive priced that looks like it was waiting to get broken into, Southern Oaks offered a very affordable pricing which tells you the kind of folks they are - in the midst of the Mumford & Sons frenzy, rooms were going for a lot more in some areas - with questionable sanitation - but I super lucked in on this.

Overall I think this place was great. Location might be an issue for some but it's a quick and easy ride if one can't walk (20 mins) or bike (<5 mins).

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Tess V
sabhadmin, Manager at Southern Oaks Inn, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Dear Tess V

Thank you for the many compliments. We are a family run business and always try to make our guests experience a good one. We agree that we need to bring up our breakfast. We are in the process of getting licensed to do just that. I hope we see you again soon.
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed 2 November 2013

We stayed here last weekend and it was very nice and clean . The hotel is newly renovated and very clean. It is very dog friendly which we appreciated . It was quiet too.My only complaint was that I felt it needed a shelf in the bathroom area to put your personal stuff on. The free breakfast was a little sparse but for just reopening a few months ago I thought it was very nice.Beds were really comfortable too. I would and am planning to go back to St Augustine in the near future and will probably stay here again. It is about a mile out of the city center but an easy short ride .

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank nancyI
Dear Nancy L

Thank you for staying with us and for the kind words. Please note that we are in the process of upgrading our breakfast. We are also planning to install additional counter space in our bathroom. I hope we see you soon.
Daytona Beach, Florida
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I had a great time staying at this hotel -- it has just been renovated so the rooms are brand new and SUPER CLEAN!!! Not one bug, which cannot be said about many of the hotels in downtown St. Augustine. Great location, within walking distance of many attractions. Pet friendly too, which was a huge plus for us, not to mention the pet fee was less than the price of any boarding facility around. The crew was very friendly and enjoyable throughout our stay. I would DEFINITELY recommend this to anyone traveling to St. Augustine!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Brooke W
Dear Brooke W

Thank you for saying that you would “DEFINITELY recommend” us to anyone coming to St Augustine and for staying at the Southern Oaks Inn. I am glad you brought your dog with you to enjoy all that St Augustine has to offer for both people and pets.
Live Oak, Florida, Usa
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We stayed for two nights in this newly renovated hotel. All new and fresh paint, furnishings, and hard wood floors. Operated by Americans who speak English. Friendly staff always ready to assist you with anything you need. Convenient to all attractions, Red train and trolley stations nearby. Would definitely recommend to anyone wanting to go to St. Augustine...We will be going back, no need to look for other accommedations.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank alznurse
Auburndale, Florida, United States
Reviewed 23 October 2013

This is a great little hotel. The rooms were newly renovated and very clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful. It is located fairly close the the old town and fort, maybe a little too far to walk but only a few minutes drive. Yes, the hotel is still in the middle of renovating additional rooms, but this did not lower my view of the hotel at all.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple