“Walking distance to St Augustine Outlet Mall”

Days Inn ST. Augustine West
Ranked #69 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
Tenn
“Walking distance to St Augustine Outlet Mall”
Reviewed 30 April 2013

1) Room clean on arrival. Room size ok but had TOO MUCH furniture in it which made it feel smaller. Pull handle missing on one drawer, so we could not use it to store anything in.
2) Friendly housekeeping staff. Brought clean towels and toiletries, took out trash, but never changed sheets or vacuumed the floor the entire week we were there.
3) Very Nice pool area; guest laundry on 2nd floor but no elevator ( I have limited mobility so I could not wash our clothes there).
4) Garbage pick up seemed to come at 4 am everytime. Makes it hard to sleep with the trucks beeping and slamming the trash dumpsters on the pavement at that time of morning. Looks like they could get the other businesses during quiet time and the hotels after 8 am.
5) IHOP on premesis. Open 24 hrs good food.
6) dog in room close by that Barkied for a solid hour and a half. Told management about it, but it still barked.
7) St Augustine Outlet Mall literally next door. Another mall across interstate from hotel.
7 miles to Historic St Augustine and 13 miles to St Augustine Beach Pier.
8) All in all, would stay here again if our usual place was booked. It was Race week when we were here, so most everything was booked.

Room Tip: Does not have elevator, so if you have limited mobility or handicapped people traveling with you, ge...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank MarBur_4

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 22 April 2013

if you are looking for a good place to sleep...which is clean and good location stay here. Otherwise...spend about $70 more a night...just to have a place to sleep as well!!!! Also...there is an IHOP on property [make sure you remind them to take off 10% if you stay at the hotel].

1 Thank JeanMiami
Cairo
Reviewed 17 April 2013

We were extremely pleased with our two night stay at this pet friendly hotel! Our room had a couch as well as a desk and chair, microwave and mini refrigerator! There is an IHOP in the hotel that gives a 10 % discount for guests! This hotel is right next door to the St Augustine Outlet Mall! This is an older hotel that is very well maintained and I will stay here again!

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

1 Thank cecil65
Clearwater, Florida, United States
Reviewed 16 April 2013

Went up for an overnight stay. The good: the price and location wasn't too far from the town and attractions, also 20% off at the sushi bar around the corner.
The bad: must smell and older amenities. Carpet needed replacing. The doors were dinged and spot painted pretty hastily.
For a quick trip to pack up our college students it wasn't too bad, but you get what you pay for.

2 Thank Steve B
Reviewed 7 April 2013 via mobile

This is the worst hotel I've ever had the displeasure of visiting. I don't know where to begin. All I had to go by to book this hotel was the photos. I wasn't expecting the Ritz Carlton but I thought the basics would be covered especially for the price. First impression, the room felt damp and smelled of smoke covered by some sort of incense. Then I realized the door handle was broken and the door would not latch closed. With some work I was able to "unstick " it. Then we noticed there was moldy coffee in the coffee pot. The blankets are so worn and thin you can see through them. The carpet seemed sticky and matted. For a room to accommodate 4 they only give 1 small bottle of shampoo, no conditioner no lotion, no plastic bag for dirty clothes.

I went to the front to ask for an extra blanket and the desk clerk looked at me as if I just sprouted another head. I asked again and he said " you have two bed that means you have two blanket". I said I understand but there are 4 in the room. He then stated they had a couple extra bed spreads but NO Extra blankets or sheets. That left me to wonder how they replace the blankets and sheets after each guest if they have no extra ones. We slept in our day clothes. I inquired about a refund but was told my rate was non refundable.

The only plus us that it is close to the outlet malls.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank scottya746
Stayner, Canada
Reviewed 3 April 2013

I have stayed at may hotels but this was the worst I have ever seen,
we arrived late with my 4 kids and checked their beds before putting them to sleep, they looked ok.
Our bed had grass in the sheets along with dirty q tips, a jack knife and lip stick. obviously it had not been checked, the coffee pot had broken jagged edges, the bathroom had bugs, the lights between the beds blew the bulb when we turned it on, our room was at a stair well that had noisy traffic all night long.
My wife and I sat in chair and watched the kids sleep until morning, we where not sleeping in the bed we paid $130 for and the guy at the front desk just told me I should have not taken the room, it was too late to wake my kids by the time I found the problems.
I would have felt better if my family slept in our vehicle.

Room Tip: drive as fast as you can away from this hotel.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family