“Nice hotel in great area. Will be back soon as i want to do...”

Howard Johnson St. Augustine/ I-95
Ranked #73 of 79 Hotels in St. Augustine
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Nice hotel in great area. Will be back soon as i want to do some sightseeing in St.Augustine n shop the outlets nearby

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 12 November 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 November 2013

We stayed one night in early November as we were travelling North on I-95. We thought we would use a coupon from those books that are so abundant at the Rest Stops along the interstate. In the past we have found that we got good value, often for minimum but adequate accommodation. We trust the Ramada name and have always found their brand reliable. In this case, the check in was fine, however, our unit smelled like mildew when we entered. We opened the door for circulation and after a time it seemed to be okay...or maybe we just got used to it. After dinner at nearby Ruby Tuesdays (very good!) I thought I'd have a bath. Bad decision. The dirt on the tub was so crusted that it left a white mark where I scratched through it with my finger. This cannot be the scum from one bath. This is the kind that builds up after repeated use with no scouring or cleansing in between. After the minimal breakfast the next morning I mentioned this to the checkout person. She said that she had received other and repeated complaints about housekeeping and she would pass on my concerns. There was no offer of compensation. The television was the old fashioned kind, which is so passé these days in an accommodation setting in an urban area. In short, this was a disappointing Ramada experience and a surprise for us at $55.00 for 2 people, I don't think the bargain was worth it.

Room Tip: Skip this hotel. It's not up to your standard.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Reserved two rooms. Luck of draw, my friends picked the near odor free room. My room reeked of mildew. Makes you rethink what perils await when booking an inexpensive room. Even when staying in more costly rooms one can expect some staleness in the room, which is usually remedied by flipping on the air. Unfortunetly this did not happen.
Sheets and linens were clean. Slept well. Served purpose. Would probably stay at Hampton across the street next time.

Room Tip: Ask for room with fridge, microwave and hair dryer. Between our 2 rooms we had 1 of each.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends