“Great Place! Great Value! Very Clean and Convienient!!”

Days Inn St Augustine/Historic Downtown
Ranked #68 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
Reviewed 11 May 2012

My fiance and I visited St. Augustine New Years week 2012. We had a wonderful time!! This Days Inn is so convieniently located right in Historic Downtown!! We weren't sure what we getting because we got such a great deal on it online, $47 per night!! We were pleasantly surprised. The property is older, yes it IS in Historic downtown, but it was great! The lobby is clean and neat, very friendly staff. We checked in, got our room keys, and went to the room. Did a walk throuh, and were completley satisfied with what we saw. Everything was very clean! The wi-fi was excellent, I was able to log in and search anything we wanted. We actually brough our bicycles with us and rode them for the 4 days we were there, thats how close eerything was! We left the car parked at the hotel. There is a Denny's resturant located in the hotel lobby, this was great!! The Denny's even offers a 15% discount to anyone with a room key to the hotel! We were very comfortable and had a great experience with this hotel. The maid service did a great job, the hotel wake-up calls were right on time, nothing bad to say! My fiance is a very picky person when it comes to hotels, so that should say something about this Days Inn. If there would have been anything he didnt like, we would have checked right out. Lovely Place! Stay here!! PS....The whole town was still decorated like Christmas, it was beautiful!

Room Tip: Our room was in the middle on the bottom floor, very convienient and never hear a noise!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 April 2012

Got a room here as comp. because I found a roach in my bed on a previous trip. I am making arrangements to open a business in Downtown St. Augustine. I am looking for a hotel to lodge at for a couple of nights a week while I get my business up & running. I can scratch this facility off my list of possibilities. The room rate just does not justify the condition of this Day Inn.
The staff here are wonderful and the pool is nice but that's as far as I can go on pros. On both occasions I stayed here, I found a roach. The first incident, the live roach was in my bed. The last stay, I found a dead roach under the vanity. On the first stay, the staff moved me to another room and agreed to provide me a comp. room if I would return. I took them up on that but I will not go back.
My room on the last visit was a two bed, double. There is a small frig. and a microwave oven within. The frig got very cold too. In room coffee is provided and there is coffee available in the lobby 24/7. There was a older tube television in the room, a nice office chair at the office desk, comfortable beds, and a somewhat adequate window A/C unit also. The cleanliness of the room is less than desired. There is an attempt to keep the accessible areas cleaned, but, not so behind and under furnishings. I found dead bugs, trash, and dust under the vanity, behind the frig, behind the night stand, and in the window sill. Not that the average guest will look in such places, but, this unnoticed filth can cause such things as allergies and foul odors.
I did not particularly like having to climb stairs to the second floor to get ice either. The inn does not offer a complimentary breakfast. WiFi is free. There is a Denny's located on site. The pool here is octagon shaped and is very well maintained. The front lobby is also well decorated and clean. Historic Downtown is about a half mile southeast of the inn too.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank GABoy63
Reviewed 31 March 2012

This Days Inn is puts roof over your head, the location is fairly convenient, and the price is good. But considering how many other budget hotels are in the area, you can definitely do better. Rooms are tiny and dark and squarely on the other side of seedy. There was a huge hole in the bathroom wall and a small but unmistakable blood stain on the bedspread. No free breakfast at this location either. Plus no elevator that we could find, so we had to schlep our luggage up the stairs. A bleak experience all around.

Room Tip: For a good room, go elsewhere! Book early for a good rate at the Holiday Inn Express, or try the Qua...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 March 2012

We read the reviews on this web site and we're a little weary of staying here. We use to stay at the Scottish inn next door and after going by the Scottish Inn, we were so happy we went to the Days Inn. The Days Inn was clean, dated and everything was operational. The room had an Iron, coffee pot and a hair dryer that suited us just fine. If you are looking for a Ritz Carlton, you will only find that in the Casa Monica, but if you are an everyday Joe, this Hotel will suit you just fine. Pool was nice and I had left a few dollars ontop of my TV and when I returned that night, it was still there and the housekeeping staff had cleaned the room. I would say that the security issue as some others have stated were isolated incidents. The neighbor hood is safe and we walked all around without any issues even at 12AM. Overall the staff is great, the rooms are clean and yes it is an old motel but is kept well. The Denny's that is at this hotel had great food and service, but I think the restroom cleanliness lacked for a Denny's. I will definatly return here for my next St. Augustine trip and it is within walking distance to an Old Town Trolley tours stop which is a plus.

Room Tip: Don't always believe all of the reviews. The Denny's and pool are at the front of the hotel...
Reviewed 23 March 2012

Decided to stay 1 night at St, Augustine, found no other hotel that accepted dogs so I ended up here. The lady at the desk(Joanna) told me it was $75 per night including the $25 pet fee. When I went to pay, it wasn't so. It was 75 + 25 plus taxes. Just then I noticed that they had a sign that notified the customers that they were being charged $1 per night for a "room safe" that could be used because the hotel had had forced entries into the rooms!!! So they charge you because the hotel is NOT SAFE!!!
The unbelievable thing is that they have a sticker in the entrance saying that the hotel is recommended by "TRIPADVISOR".
Walls are paper thin, you can practically hear people next door breathing.
I had to pay $25 for a "pet cleaning" fee...for a room that looked as bad as they come.
St Augustine has many hotels, DO NOT STAY IN THIS ONE>

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 March 2012

had originally made a reservation for 2 days and left after the first night, wallpaper is peeling in room 127, the security lock is broken, it all looked like the 70's rejects from a dump.

Room Tip: please pay a little more to get a decent place for yourself
1  Thank tealkitten
Reviewed 11 March 2012

The desk staff went above and beyond our needs. I somehow messed up the tv and was freaking out because it ws Survivor night. The lady came to the room, pushed one button, and whoa-la and didn't say what an idiot I was. The Denny's in the hotel is one of the main reasons we keep staying here. In the past three years the waitresses haved beome good friends, service is quick and without hiccups. Also, it is a 24/7 which is gredat coming back from the late night tours for a good cup of coffee. This hotel is very walkable to the train stations and to many attractions and St. George Street. We will go back again next year.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask is room has a safe, wifi, and if needed a refrigerator & microwave.