“Pass this one up”

Days Inn St Augustine/Historic Downtown
Ranked #66 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

This Days Inn was in very poor condition. The furniture in the room was mismatched and torn. The blankets had burn marks in them. The air conditioner had a constant clicking that I reported. The walls were peeling and stained. Pass this one up and stay at the Holiday Inn and suites next door!

• Stayed: August 2013
Write a ReviewReviews (1,138)

Reviewed 14 August 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2013

First let me say we have stayed at this peculiar location at least 3 times before. It is located within walking distance to Old Towne and across the street from The Mission. It's nice having a Denny's on the property. So when we arrived we checked in at the front desk and found the gentlemen on duty very nice. As we were turning to leave a gentleman behind me said they were checking out and he wasn't too happy. I wish I had paid more attention to what he was really saying. Well, we got to the room, dropped off our luggage and walked downtown. As we were walking my girls had commented on the nasty stale smell in the room and when we returned I could smell it too. We even got air freshners to remove the smell. They didn't work. Later that night, my daughter jumped out of bed and ran with her shoe and killed a roach crawling down the wall. The next day we noticed the mildew behind and right above the toilet. The person cleaning the rooms kept knocking on the door to make up the room, we still had 1 hour to check-out. To top it off he was collecting dirty towels and linens in a Target shopping cart. Tacky!!! So we packed the van, checked out, and went to breakfast at Denny's. As we were leaving we noticed the pillars of the building were smashed in, it seemed unsafe. Well the only thing I can imagine, it is under new management that doesn't care if you come back or not. As for me and my family we will find a new place to stay. My money and our safety are more important to me.

Room Tip: Don't go here unless they clean it up.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2013

We booked stay online for weekend from 7/26 to 7/29. Upon entering hotel there was a very strong stale odor in lobby. The front desk personnel were very friendly. We were advised that the room needed pillowcases, which wasn't a problem. Upon entering room it also had a musty odor. Being hungry, we left our luggage in the room and went to dine in the Denny's located on property. Upon returning to unpack, there was no electricity in the room. The only thing working was the A/C. I called the front desk and I was asked if we wanted to wait for maintenance, but that they didn't know how long it would take. I went to the front desk and checked out. Luckily there is a Holiday Inn Suites next door and we were able to check in. We have stayed at Days Inn in the past with positive experiences but this was the exception.

Room Tip: Do your homework, check reviews.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Was very clean and just a few minutes from historic fort and sightseeing area of St. Augustine. Had been a few years since we had been there and were lucky to find this hotel. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple