We had the opportunity to go to Saint Augustine this past weekend (November 29 - December 1) as a short getaway. As a travel agent, I always do extensive research before booking a place. Based on the TA reviews, we decided to try this non-chain location. My first contact was a phone call to the hotel to check availability. I spoke with Wendy who was very pleasant, answered all of my questions about the location and due to my husband's recent surgery, accommodated us with a ground floor room.
Due to the great price at this location, we really didn't expect a whole lot but we were certainly surprised upon arrival. From the time you drive up, it is obvious the amount of money and attention to detail that went into this renovation.
Our room was very clean and such a unique, awesome room from the tile hardwood looking floors to the beautifully done bathroom, lighting, etc. The bed was one of the most comfortable beds we have slept in at a hotel.
The front desk staff was great in offering information and recommendations. We did walk next door to Jaybird's Restaurant for three of our meals and encountered the same great service as the hotel - not mention the food was outstanding.
We were able to drive down to the trolley station (only about a 3 min drive) and take the trolley anywhere that we wanted to go in in the downtown area.
We will definitely stay here again and would recommend it without any hesitations!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Jaybird’s Inn, where we’ll treat you like family and provide you the best living and sleeping experience in St. Augustine. Influenced by the old Spanish design of Downtown Historic St. Augustine. When you arrive on our property, you’ll be immersed in the feel of Historic St. Augustine almost immediately. As an active living hotel we offer clean and eco-friendly rooms, and not only encourage, but will help you be active while you enjoy yourself If you’re looking for a more leisurely way to see the Old City, jump on the Red Train Tour that’s next door for a wonderful excursion around St. Augustine. After a day of healthy activity relax at the pool followed by a scrumptious meal at Jaybird’s Restaurant located next door where you’ll receive a 10% discount on all meals. Retire to your comfortable room to watch television on your 42” LCD TV with over 80 channels. Wake up to a cup of tea or Starbucks coffee in your room and then join us for a free continental breakfast in the lobby or have a full breakfast at Jaybird’s Restaurant & Pizzeria. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Jaybird's Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alhambra Hotel Saint Augustine
- Jaybird's Inn St. Augustine, Florida