“Couldn't ask for a more perfect stay!!!”
Review of Jaybird's Inn

Jaybird's Inn
Ranked #12 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
GreenLeadersBronze level
Valdosta, Georgia
“Couldn't ask for a more perfect stay!!!”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We had the opportunity to go to Saint Augustine this past weekend (November 29 - December 1) as a short getaway. As a travel agent, I always do extensive research before booking a place. Based on the TA reviews, we decided to try this non-chain location. My first contact was a phone call to the hotel to check availability. I spoke with Wendy who was very pleasant, answered all of my questions about the location and due to my husband's recent surgery, accommodated us with a ground floor room.

Due to the great price at this location, we really didn't expect a whole lot but we were certainly surprised upon arrival. From the time you drive up, it is obvious the amount of money and attention to detail that went into this renovation.

Our room was very clean and such a unique, awesome room from the tile hardwood looking floors to the beautifully done bathroom, lighting, etc. The bed was one of the most comfortable beds we have slept in at a hotel.

The front desk staff was great in offering information and recommendations. We did walk next door to Jaybird's Restaurant for three of our meals and encountered the same great service as the hotel - not mention the food was outstanding.

We were able to drive down to the trolley station (only about a 3 min drive) and take the trolley anywhere that we wanted to go in in the downtown area.

We will definitely stay here again and would recommend it without any hesitations!!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Bugiex2
scottovertonsr, General Manager at Jaybird's Inn, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
It is an absolute pleasure to read a review where a customer's expectations were met on every level. We look forward to seeing you again! Please feel free to contact us directly for any future accommodations.

Scott Overton, Sr.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
Logansport, Indiana
Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a weekend and we were pleasantly surprised when we opened the door and found such a trendy, upscale look to our room. Beds were very comfortable and room was clean. Couple things disappointed us otherwise I would have given a 5 star. There was a dirty towel left behind door in bathroom, and staff did not make up our room the next day for some unknown reason. When I brought this to the attention of the manager the next day, he said that we told the man cleaning the room that we didn't want anything done to it. This was not true. We noticed the guys cleaning the rooms were not acting very professional ( joking around , etc) when we left that day, so maybe it is a staff problem. They did make an adjustment when we left so they did the right thing for us. I would try them again. Hope they get better help.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking a few minutes of your time to send us your feedback. I'd like to apologize for any miscommunication on our end. I feel certain, should you decide to reserve with JBI in the future, your next experience will most definitely be the best experience! Please contact me directly for any future accommodations.

Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
Reviewed 24 November 2013

My husband & I are BIG fans of St. Augustine, we love coming up from Palm Beach County whenever we can,... yet a place to stay was always a toss of the coin. But when we were directed to Jaybirds Inn,... we were more than delighted with what we found there! The staff is amazing, the room was Beautifully done, fresh with style, and comfort. Clean is the first of importance to me anywhere I stay, and there was no worry about that here, very clean!
Josh, the desk clerk was a very nice young man, my husband had a couple talks about biking with him.
The restaurant is fantastic!! Absolutely beautifully done, and the food was delicious,
( I recommend the Eggs Benedict)

We will most defiantly be making this our home away from home place when we come to my favorite city to stay.
Thank You Jaybirds Inn for everything.

Room Tip: I have only stayed on the South Side of the hotel, but I can say it was very quite.
Green Features: I love this,.. we all need to be more mindful of this matter.
1 Thank Kellie S
I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to write such a pleasant review about your experience with Jaybird's Inn and Jaybird's Restaurant. It's always good to know when our customers' expectations are met and exceeded by our customer service. Should you decide to revisit St. Augustine, please feel free to contact us directly for your reservations. We look forward to seeing you again!

St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed 21 November 2013

My friends and I stayed here for the weekend, and it was clean, rooms were spacious, up-to-date and very affordable. One of the best in Historic St. Augustine, and we will certainly return for a future stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
I appreciate you taking a few minutes to send us such positive feedback. Please feel free to contact us directly for any future accommodations. We look forward to seeing you again!

Cairo, Georgia
Reviewed 21 November 2013

We booked a weekend stay at Jaybird's Inn for our anniversary and we were very pleasantly surprised! The hotel has been recently renovated and the rooms were beautiful! We had a king room and it was one of the most comfortable beds I had ever slept on! The floors had no carpet, but in a hotel, I think I prefer not to have carpet. The staff was very welcoming and we had a great time! We will definitely be back!

1 Thank skheady
It's very pleasing to read about such a great experience at Jaybird's Inn. The porcelain tile floors replaced the carpet, because it's much cleaner and, in the summer, it's much cooler. The owners kept clean and "green" in mind during our renovation. It's good to know you enjoyed the little extras in our rooms! For future reservations, please feel free to contact us directly. We'd love to have you back!

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 20 November 2013

The place was very nice and clean. We loved the newly remodeled rooms and boutique look. The fitness center was still under construction but it was still quiet. I was happy to find the rooms had a mini-fridge and microwave.

The location is good as well. It's a bit of a walk to the downtown area but they offer free bikes for 4hrs or a small fee for the whole day. Make sure you reserve bikes if you want them, they go fast! We ended up just bringing our own bikes and it was perfect! Biking to downtown was just a few minutes and we never had to pay or find parking!

The staff was friendly and helpful.

I would definitely stay here again.

1 Thank gibtronic
scottovertonsr, General Manager at Jaybird's Inn, responded to this review, 12 January 2014
I'm happy to read such a great review. Our fitness center is ready for our guests to use and we hope to see you again! Please feel free to contact us directly for any future accommodations.

Central Florida
Reviewed 18 November 2013

the wifey and i spend the weekend at Jay's Inn. celebrating our 24th anniversary this past weekend, and loved it. its clean, newly remodeled and the rooms are huge... skip the breakfast and go to their restaurant across the street. i will be back :)

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for giving Jaybird's Inn the opportunity to help make your anniversary memorable. I'm glad to know that customer expectation was met with customer service, ending with customer satisfaction. Please feel free to contact us directly for any future reservations. We'd love to have you back!