This property is reminiscent of boutique hotels I've stayed in in other cities (Chicago, DC, and Miami). It is minimalist inside with tile floors, BIG shower (no bath), Starbuck's coffee in the room, LED lighting, and spots for reading. LOTS of linen for your convenience in the room. It is on a busy street but that makes it convenient. The old St. Augustine area is walkable but it is a long walk. Staff is excellent -- while loading the car, everyone wished me a good day. Front staff is equally friendly and professional. Wendy was so sweet the day I made reservations, we brought her a bouquet of flowers-- after all, it WAS Valentine's day. Wendy was equally helpful when we checked in. After getting settled, we went back to the front for some local information. In spite of getting slammed with arriving guests, she was able to multi-task when the printer was running by answering our short, specific questions. Wendy even approached me later in the evening in the business center to apologize for not being able to give me the attention she normally would have. Are you kidding!?!? I was intruding on her being able to do her job and she was able to handle everything like a duck swimming on a pond -- calm on the surface but paddling like mad under the surface. The rooms are very spacious and comfortable. Breakfast was well stocked (Wendy again) but could have used some fresh fruit. Waffles were great, muffins looked super, and coffee was hot. Thanks for a nice stay in very nice property on Valentine's day -- a pleasant memory. BTW, photos on their website on spot-on.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Jaybird’s Inn, where we’ll treat you like family and provide you the best living and sleeping experience in St. Augustine. Influenced by the old Spanish design of Downtown Historic St. Augustine. When you arrive on our property, you’ll be immersed in the feel of Historic St. Augustine almost immediately. As an active living hotel we offer clean and eco-friendly rooms, and not only encourage, but will help you be active while you enjoy yourself If you’re looking for a more leisurely way to see the Old City, jump on the Red Train Tour that’s next door for a wonderful excursion around St. Augustine. After a day of healthy activity relax at the pool followed by a scrumptious meal at Jaybird’s Restaurant located next door where you’ll receive a 10% discount on all meals. Retire to your comfortable room to watch television on your 42” LCD TV with over 80 channels. Wake up to a cup of tea or Starbucks coffee in your room and then join us for a free continental breakfast in the lobby or have a full breakfast at Jaybird’s Restaurant & Pizzeria. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Jaybird's Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alhambra Hotel Saint Augustine
- Jaybird's Inn St. Augustine, Florida