1,289 results
All reviewsrestaurant next doorcontinental breakfasttrain noisestarbucks coffeetile floorsfree bikesred trainlight sleeperlarge roomwould stay here againcomfortable bedsnice place to stayyogurtparking lotclose to downtownold town trolleyhistoric district
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I cannot say enough about the Jaybird Inn. I arrived to Brandy smiling at the desk along with Josh at her side. Since our room was not ready, we went on the trolley they arranged. On our return, my car keys were missing and all our belongings were in the trunk. I was paniced but a call was made quickly to the trolley and to my surprise, they were found. Scott, the General Manager, was more than kind to go fetch the keys and the rest of the trip was on the mark! Thanks to you all. The rooms were large, modern, comfortable and well appointed in every way. Mattresses were comfortable and it was nice to have a walk in shower. The breakfast was excellent and I believe it was set up by Wendy, another friendly worker. The lobby was beautiful and comfortable. I felt like I was stopping by to visit with friends for the weekend. We did eat at the Jaybird Restaurant and did not find that as top notch as the Inn. Long wait for the wrong food. I was billed for the wrong item which was more expensive than the originially ordered item. Our check arrived and we had not been offered dessert. When we asked for it, we were told we had to get up and go look at the offerings and pick out what we wanted. Overall, we found the food service disjointed and slow. Again, thanks to the Jaybird Inn staff. I have already recommended it to a friend. Jane Griffin

Room Tip: I was in room 110 which was just fine.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

We came to the Jaybird's Inn just for the weekend and left wishing we could stay longer. The rooms are spectacular and very modern. From the moment we made our reservation until the time we checked out we received great service from the friendly and helpful employees. We will definitely come here back next time we're in town.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 February 2014

This property is reminiscent of boutique hotels I've stayed in in other cities (Chicago, DC, and Miami). It is minimalist inside with tile floors, BIG shower (no bath), Starbuck's coffee in the room, LED lighting, and spots for reading. LOTS of linen for your convenience in the room. It is on a busy street but that makes it convenient. The old St. Augustine area is walkable but it is a long walk. Staff is excellent -- while loading the car, everyone wished me a good day. Front staff is equally friendly and professional. Wendy was so sweet the day I made reservations, we brought her a bouquet of flowers-- after all, it WAS Valentine's day. Wendy was equally helpful when we checked in. After getting settled, we went back to the front for some local information. In spite of getting slammed with arriving guests, she was able to multi-task when the printer was running by answering our short, specific questions. Wendy even approached me later in the evening in the business center to apologize for not being able to give me the attention she normally would have. Are you kidding!?!? I was intruding on her being able to do her job and she was able to handle everything like a duck swimming on a pond -- calm on the surface but paddling like mad under the surface. The rooms are very spacious and comfortable. Breakfast was well stocked (Wendy again) but could have used some fresh fruit. Waffles were great, muffins looked super, and coffee was hot. Thanks for a nice stay in very nice property on Valentine's day -- a pleasant memory. BTW, photos on their website on spot-on.

Room Tip: Try for a room in the back or off street. Room 116 was good for us.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 February 2014

We were pleasantly surprised when we saw the hotel. The rooms, staff and restaurant were wonderful!! The garden and outside area at the restaurant were very nice but it was to chilly to be out. Anything we asked the desk staff for or about they were very helpful. The breakfast was tasty and well taken care of.

Room Tip: We only saw our room but it was large and very comfortable.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 February 2014

I really enjoyed my stay, but the thing that really made it special was the great customer service. There was little to complain about, but I did end up having to contact the desk a few times. Scott, Josh, and Wendy were the best!! I wish more places employed people like this! Not only were my needs met quickly, they all had such attitudes and treated me like a actual person, not just a customer. I will definitely return next year and look forward to seeing their smiling faces!!

• Stayed: February 2014