1,302 results
All reviews restaurant next door continental breakfast train noise starbucks coffee tile floors free bikes red train light sleeper large room would stay here again comfortable beds nice place to stay parking lot yogurt close to downtown old town trolley historic district
Reviewed 19 February 2014

We decided last minute to head from Tampa to St. Augustine for Valentine's Day weekend. Most of the hotels on the main strip were booked up or a little too out of our price range. Then, we stumbled upon Jaybird's Inn. The reviews seemed promising and the location was good, so we booked it! We ended up booking their Suite. It was a little pricey, but definitely worth it. HUGE and spacious room that was clearly newly re-modeled. Very clean and the floor-plan is very open. The best part is the stay came with free bike rentals! We used the bikes all day to ride to all the tourist attractions and down to the main strip (about a mile or two from the hotel). Everyone was very friendly and accommodating. Seriously SUCH an amazing stay and trip!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ERamesar
Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

Awesome hotel! For the price it is amazing! From customer service to decor, top notch. Comfy beds, tile floors even a microwave and mini fridge. The front desk was always helpful and the housekeeping staff very attentive. We will definitely be back!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I cannot say enough about the Jaybird Inn. I arrived to Brandy smiling at the desk along with Josh at her side. Since our room was not ready, we went on the trolley they arranged. On our return, my car keys were missing and all our belongings were in the trunk. I was paniced but a call was made quickly to the trolley and to my surprise, they were found. Scott, the General Manager, was more than kind to go fetch the keys and the rest of the trip was on the mark! Thanks to you all. The rooms were large, modern, comfortable and well appointed in every way. Mattresses were comfortable and it was nice to have a walk in shower. The breakfast was excellent and I believe it was set up by Wendy, another friendly worker. The lobby was beautiful and comfortable. I felt like I was stopping by to visit with friends for the weekend. We did eat at the Jaybird Restaurant and did not find that as top notch as the Inn. Long wait for the wrong food. I was billed for the wrong item which was more expensive than the originially ordered item. Our check arrived and we had not been offered dessert. When we asked for it, we were told we had to get up and go look at the offerings and pick out what we wanted. Overall, we found the food service disjointed and slow. Again, thanks to the Jaybird Inn staff. I have already recommended it to a friend. Jane Griffin

Room Tip: I was in room 110 which was just fine.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

We came to the Jaybird's Inn just for the weekend and left wishing we could stay longer. The rooms are spectacular and very modern. From the moment we made our reservation until the time we checked out we received great service from the friendly and helpful employees. We will definitely come here back next time we're in town.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 February 2014

This property is reminiscent of boutique hotels I've stayed in in other cities (Chicago, DC, and Miami). It is minimalist inside with tile floors, BIG shower (no bath), Starbuck's coffee in the room, LED lighting, and spots for reading. LOTS of linen for your convenience in the room. It is on a busy street but that makes it convenient. The old St. Augustine area is walkable but it is a long walk. Staff is excellent -- while loading the car, everyone wished me a good day. Front staff is equally friendly and professional. Wendy was so sweet the day I made reservations, we brought her a bouquet of flowers-- after all, it WAS Valentine's day. Wendy was equally helpful when we checked in. After getting settled, we went back to the front for some local information. In spite of getting slammed with arriving guests, she was able to multi-task when the printer was running by answering our short, specific questions. Wendy even approached me later in the evening in the business center to apologize for not being able to give me the attention she normally would have. Are you kidding!?!? I was intruding on her being able to do her job and she was able to handle everything like a duck swimming on a pond -- calm on the surface but paddling like mad under the surface. The rooms are very spacious and comfortable. Breakfast was well stocked (Wendy again) but could have used some fresh fruit. Waffles were great, muffins looked super, and coffee was hot. Thanks for a nice stay in very nice property on Valentine's day -- a pleasant memory. BTW, photos on their website on spot-on.

Room Tip: Try for a room in the back or off street. Room 116 was good for us.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple