1,306 results
All reviews restaurant next door continental breakfast train noise starbucks coffee tile floors free bikes red train light sleeper large room would stay here again comfortable beds nice place to stay parking lot yogurt close to downtown old town trolley historic district
Reviewed 8 March 2014

We stayed here for three nights last week. Previous reviews have identified many of the good facets of this re-vamped accommodation. Some of the bad have already been overcome i.e. hot water is now available to all, even if those at the extremes may still have to wait a few extended moments to get theirs!

We found the location, geographically, to suit our needs admirably and we were plenty close enough to bike to the Old Town, rather than use the car. Everything in the rooms was as advertised, but with many additional aspects that you really would not expect at the price - comfortable swivel chairs, large 'work table', numerous power points, soft towels, all modern fitments and fittings, excellent ambience enhanced by large photos of African scenes, very comfortable beds, large smart TV etc., etc. However, the noise from 'hourly' trains throughout the night would disturb some - the only significant downside of our stay (so, bring some earplugs).

Staff were helpful, breakfast was as advertised, and better than any other we had experienced in similarly-priced hotels elsewhere in Florida.

The adjacent restaurant experience was disappointing. Clearly the chef dropped the contents of his salt cellar into the first crab cakes and the Marguerites were really the worst we had tasted anywhere. These were individual mistakes that could be easily remedied but prices were very high in comparison with a very good close-by Mexican-style venue.

All-in-all, a place that is great value, but could, so easily, be even better.

Room Tip: Ask for 'as far back from the A1' as you can
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank alwtjw
Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

We came to visit St Augustine to check out the history of the city. We chose the Jaybird Inn from the reviews on Trip adviser & we were not disappointed. We had a king room with a pullout sofa it was spacious & modern. There was a microwave, coffee maker, iron & board. The bed was very comfort and we availed of the continental breakfast which included cereal, muffins, waffles, toast, tea & coffee. I thought there might have been yoghurts and fruit as I can't take wheat. The only downside the person in the room next to us had the TV on most of the night and early morning ! We would have complained but he left the next day. All the staff were pleasant and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mandy M
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I loved the unique nature of Jaybird's. Loved the tile floors in the rooms - much cleaner than carpeting. Enjoyed the dual desk - so hard to share space as it typical in all other hotel rooms. The lobby was like being in your living room at home, and the staff fell over themselves to be accommodating. Super clean throughout, and loved the old-time "motel" feel. We're active, so the bikes, exercise room, and pool were a plus. A big plus was the adjoining Jaybird's restaurant. Outstanding food - everything was good - and the menu was extensive. You can get a quick breakfast in the lobby, but I recommend the restaurant as well. The locals eat there, which is a good sign!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I have had the best experience I have ever had in a Hotel Kudos to Wendy, Josh, and Shirley. Each of them make you feel like a guest in their home. There is nothing negative about tips Hotel. The room was exactly like the picture. Very secure and very well lighted property. Close to all attractions. I can not enough nice things about this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dan T
Reviewed 2 March 2014

This hotel is not what it seems, and I say that in a good way. The rooms are pretty as can be the lobby was to die for and the location is perfect, there was some noise from a train but I was awake so it did not bother me in the least. The rooms were clean as a whistle and the property looked very good as if they upkeep it regularly the only issue I had was Wendy was short with me and a little rude but she was very busy when we checked in so its forgiven, besides that the staff and manger Josh was very professional and helpful with all our needs and I would tell anyone to stay here because you will have a jolly time.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends