“Fly south for the winter”
Review of Jaybird's Inn

Jaybird's Inn
Ranked #12 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
GreenLeadersBronze level
Boston, Massachusetts
“Fly south for the winter”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We came-We saw-We conquered. Stop Here is all I can say, I have never seen a small place like this- Its so quiet and comfortable. The staff was very friendly, Brandy was such a darling and Josh went out of his was to accommodate our every need.The rooms are top notch and refreshingly CLEAN, I hope we make it back here someday. We will never forget this place.

1 Thank Mellie F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
Appling
Reviewed 14 April 2014

My husband and I have stayed here 4 times since our September 2013 stay! To say we love it here is an understatement. I don't even bother to call any other place when traveling to or through St. Augustine! We stayed in October when there was a bikefest and the rate was extremely reasonable. We stayed in November 2013 again in January 2014 and now in April 2014. Josh the general manager and Wendy the front desk clerk know us by name now and treat us like old friends (which I hope we are!) We have loved seeing the place "finished" as we stay here. Now the pool is finished and the exercise room too! I have a daughter in Physical Therapy school and particularly noticed the "lift" at the pool to assist those who have a disability. Such a wonderful touch! We love the King Suite even though we must climb stairs to get to it-it is a place for active people anyway. The breakfast has come a long way also, which now includes a waffle maker. Their breakfast is on par with the Hampton Inn. The only thing I would like to see, is maybe a privacy curtain in the dressing room area when traveling with family. I would recommend Jaybird's Inn and have done so to many of our friends!

Room Tip: If you don't want to haul luggage up steps, book a first floor room. If you want a quiet, romant...
Green Features: Industry standard, hang towels if you plan to reuse, and sheets not changed everyday, but will be if requested. I would maybe suggest recycle bins outside for trash.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Christie P
Crystal River, FL
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We really liked this hotel. We arrived way before check in time & the front desk clerk helped us figure out what to do. She even called a bus for us to take to the trolley & let us leave our car. When we returned our room was ready. We were not disappointed. Nice room & very quiet. Only found two small issues the floor is not carpeted which we loved but it could have been cleaner our feet got dirty walking on it. Also spare blanket smelled musty must have been put in the storage bag a little damp. Other than that breakfast was normal for hotels. They let us leave our car again while we finished our tour. We would definitely stay again

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Amy R
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We were truly and pleasantly surprised by this hotel. Not only was it well priced but also well situated, clean (spotless), cool (new a/c unit) and very comfortable (large rooms, shower/toilet and beds). All the little extras, at no extra cost, included: free wi-fi, a fridge, a microwave, a coffee maker (with normal and decaf coffee), a large TV, shampoo/soap/conditioner, extra towels, an ironing board & iron, a sitting area outside the room etc. which added value to our stay. Also included was the use of a pool, a gym, access to a desktop computer & printing facilities and a sitting/resting/waiting lounge area. The staff were very friendly, pleasant to talk to and informative. A separate eating area (another building approx. 75 feet away), included a bar, a pizza restaurant a conference room and a delightful and shady outdoor patio/garden sitting area. The food was simple, not expensive (plus 15% off for residents) and tasty. As it's a motel, we parked a few feet away from our room (free parking) and noticed a Walgreens and a CVS across the road for those last minute nibblies/munchies. Ten out of ten in our opinion.
P.S. For all those British visitors, don't ask for tea, ask for a 'British cuppa' and you'll get one! Fantastic!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Chapitamastervi... .
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 10 April 2014

My boyfriend and I visited St. Augustine for my birthday this past weekend and it was so great. The hotel was perfectly cleaned and had all of the amenities we wanted from premium coffee and tea to a refrigerator and microwave. We stayed in room 210. We also had free wifi which was very important for our work and college assignments. The bed was so comfortable and the showers never ran out of hot water. The a/c was great too and quiet.
During the course of our stay I put some very valuable jewelry away but didn't remember doing so. The next morning I went looking or my jewelry to wear and couldn't find it after thirty minutes of searching. We thought to ask if anyone had been in our room during the time we were gone to rule out the possibility that it had been taken. The manager, Josh, was very accommodating and showed us how their equipment records every entry to a room including the time the room was entered so we knew no one but us had been in the room. It was great to know that we were so safe! I also felt like a dummy when I finally did find my jewelry. :)
Our rooms also came with a free continental breakfast which was very good too. Breakfast was complete with home made waffles, oatmeal, cereal, as well as plenty of milk, juice and coffee. My boyfriend is lactose intolerant and we were very happy they had non-dairy creamer.
The rooms were so nice and modern. The lobby and breakfast area was wonderful too. The staff was great as well. Brandy checked us in and told us a few things about what was going on in town such as the music festival. Our only complain was that they didn't have a dvd player or any movie channels on tv. We enjoyed our stay so much tho. We didn't get to do everything there is to do in St. Augustine but we will be back and will be staying at the Jay Bird hotel when we do!!

Room Tip: We went through a travel agency, try calling and booking directly with them. Our travel agency didn...
Winter Park, Florida
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Jaybird's Inn is the best hotel I've stayed at in St. Augustine out of my many trips there. It's about a 5 minute drive to downtown/St. George street. They also provide bicycles for your use, which is very convenient if you do not want to drive.

The rooms are huge and exactly like they are pictured on their website. They were nicer than many of the hotel rooms that I saw that my friends booked. The staff was very helpful, especially the manager, Josh!

We'll be back.

1 Thank MiChel C
Skipperville, Alabama
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

Let me start by saying that the over all experience at the Jaybirds Inn was by far one of the most pleasant and inviting places I've EVER been. From check in to check out. Chris, the bartender at the restaurant, along with Mr Jimmy, were super entertaining. Chris ' s Jamaican Peewee was OUT OF THE WORLD AWARD WINNING !!!
Mrs Shirley was beyond gracious in awarding to me the opportunity to befriend a beautiful soul. She, as well as the rest of the crew were so welcoming.
Thank you for an unforgettable vacation with your family!

���
Tanya and Catherine - South Alabama and Kathleen central Florida.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends