We chose the Jaybird's Inn based on the price and the reviews on Trip Advisor. It was a great option for our needs. We were coming into town for a concert at the St. Augustine Amphitheater and knew we would not be in the room very long and we hated to pay the exorbitant rates charged by the hotels on the beach and those closer to downtown.
We chose a double queen and it was perfect. It was nice to pull the car right up to our room's front door, too. The room was big enough for two adults and two almost adult sized teenagers. The room was super clean and cool on one of the hottest days. There was plenty of room for us to stretch out and relax as well as when we were getting ready, we didn't get in each other's way. The shower was roomy and hot and remained that way for each person.
The staff was super helpful. We called ahead and asked if we could check in an hour earlier and they had our room ready. We requested extra towels and even needed a couple of Band-Aides and that was provided.
We did not get to sample the breakfast because we decided to sleep in, but being able to check out at 12:00 was really nice.
As for the location, as other reviewers mentioned, yes, the inn is right on the main highway, However, once we were in the room, most of the noise was muffled. At night, there was very little traffic on the main highway so we did not have a problem with the noise. We were very close to the attractions we were interested in. Of course, if you are going in the middle of the day, the traffic into downtown will be congested. At night, it took us just 5 minutes to get from downtown to the inn and Vilano Beach is 5 minutes away as well.
If you are in town for activities that will have you on the go, then this is an excellent choice for a place to crash. It's quiet, affordable and convenient. We would not hesitate to stay here on our next trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Jaybird’s Inn, where we’ll treat you like family and provide you the best living and sleeping experience in St. Augustine. Influenced by the old Spanish design of Downtown Historic St. Augustine. When you arrive on our property, you’ll be immersed in the feel of Historic St. Augustine almost immediately. As an active living hotel we offer clean and eco-friendly rooms, and not only encourage, but will help you be active while you enjoy yourself If you’re looking for a more leisurely way to see the Old City, jump on the Red Train Tour that’s next door for a wonderful excursion around St. Augustine. After a day of healthy activity relax at the pool followed by a scrumptious meal at Jaybird’s Restaurant located next door where you’ll receive a 10% discount on all meals. Retire to your comfortable room to watch television on your 42” LCD TV with over 80 channels. Wake up to a cup of tea or Starbucks coffee in your room and then join us for a free continental breakfast in the lobby or have a full breakfast at Jaybird’s Restaurant & Pizzeria. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Cancelon so you can book your Jaybird's Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alhambra Hotel Saint Augustine
- Jaybird's Inn St. Augustine, Florida