“Suprising!!!!”

Jaybird's Inn
Ranked #15 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 27 August 2014

My choice hotel to spend my 40th birthday weekend was Jaybird's Inn. I made my choice based on the other reviewers and the fact that they are a eco friendly hotel.

I was disappointed when we first arrived to our room since we were located right by the side door going into the lobby. I was really upset thinking we were going to hear tons of noise from other hotel guests going into and out of the lobby for the breakfast that is offered (we didn't partake, sorry no review on that). We were very surprised that we didn't hear a thing!!!!! Seriously! Very quite room with fantastic comfy beds with great pillows and plenty of them. A/C worked absolutely perfect! Room was stylish and contemporary in design. Older hotel that is tastefully done and CLEAN. I was worried a little about walking around in the room barefoot since the room is fully tiled but I had no filthy feet! Hooray!

Only complaint is that the counters are really high. I'm a 5 foot tall women and I had to stand on my tippy toes to wash my face. They obviously had to put the counter that high to accommodate the refrigerator that is located below the counter top. I'm short but I never felt like I needed a step stool to wash my face. Wasn't a huge deal but take that in consideration if you are traveling with children. Maybe pack your own little plastic step for the kiddos. My daughter handled it fine.

Definitely a great stay and the price is great for what you get. Location isn't downtown but very close. You will need to drive and then pay for parking. That is the one downfall. Based on location, I don't know if we will ever stay at the Jaybird's Inn again. I think we would pay more to be conveniently located downtown. We like to be in walking distance which this hotel is not.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank LilB33

Reviewed 27 August 2014

We attended a group event in St. Augustine, and our leader suggested Jaybirds Inn as a good location for an overnight stay. It is larger than I expected, combining two properties into one, with a restaurant in the center. The rooms have recently been updated and are beautifully serene. The bed was so comfortable, I wish we had booked two nights. The staff is amazingly friendly and courteous. Each desk person greeted us and made us feel welcome.

Special mention and praise for Chris, the bartender. My mother and I went to Happy Hour but the advertised Guinness was gone. After a brief conversation about beer and tastes, Chris recommended one that he thought would be a reasonable alternative. This man knows his beers! And he knows even more about customer service. What a wonderful asset to Jaybird's! One of the servers told me later that he won an award for the best Bloody Mary in St. Augustine, so of course, I had to try one. He definitely deserved the win.

I will make it a point to stay at Jaybird's the next time we are in the St. Augustine area.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Shelley R
Reviewed 26 August 2014

I chose Jaybirds Inn as the "host hotel" for my auto club's weekend visit to Saint Augustine based on the price and based on the pictures. The best part of everything was that the place is closer to everything than you would think, and the pictures don't do the place justice!

We were surprised to find that the Red Train Tour stop is, quite in fact, RIGHT BEHIND the hotel, so once you park your car at Jaybirds, you won't even need it (gets you out of paying parking throughout Historic Saint Augustine or worrying about WHERE to park.). The rooms were VERY clean, with VERY modern amenities. The bed was comfortable, the pillows were plush, and the sheets were clean and pressed. For the price, you really are getting quite a nice space!

The staff was VERY pleasant, and we watched them assist several Guests before we approached them. They were really on their game!

The free breakfast was nice, with a waffle station, fresh muffins, juices, bagels, and English muffins. It was the perfect start to our day.

We would MOST DEFINITELY stay at Jaybirds again!!!

Room Tip: Our room was in the main building. We chose the "Studio" room because it was $10 cheaper...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank FiatClubAmericaFL
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Booked 2 nights for my husband and I. Was our first time staying in St. Augustine and wanted somewhere close to everything. Jaybirds did not disappoint. We arrived early and room was not available but we still got an early check-in and room was exactly as promised. Clean and well stocked, had everything we needed. Staff were very helpful and friendly. Saw several staff members who always said Hello and asked if we needed anything.
We ate at the restaurant next door, again very friendly and food was very good and moderate prices, definitely less than eating downtown. We did use the pool which was clean and nice. We even sat outside in the evenings on the chairs provided for each room.
Best was the trolley station directly behind the hotel which was wonderful for transportation all day.
Definitely recommend!!

Room Tip: We stayed in an odd numbered room which was further to the pool so if you bring the kids you will wa...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Melissa H
Reviewed 20 August 2014

From the crisp clean and modern rooms to the guest services and employees, our 4 night stay was the best I've had in a very long time. I wish I could rate it 10 stars! BTW, make sure you go to the restaurant too, they have the best gourmet pizza at a ridiculously great price.

Room Tip: All the rooms have been remodeled completely....we liked that we were on the south end where parking...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We just got back from a great weekend at Jaybird's Inn. The reviews on trip advisor were spot on. When we arrived our room wasn't ready yet, was a little upset over this as it was 3:30, but the manager " Josh" was very apologetic and explained that one of their cleaning staff had to leave due to an emergency and he also credited our room for this. The rooms were extremely nice and very clean, beds were top notch and modern and was as good as any Hilton we've stayed in. We were a bit worried about the outside corridors as we normally stay at indoor corridor Hotels, but this place has changed our minds regarding that, for this location anyway. You don't go to many places where you see a Manager be so hands on with such a pleasant personality. He even helped clean the Dining area and was really hands on with everything.....Thanks Josh for such a nice weekend and we will surely be back to stay.....Highly recommend!!!!!!

Room Tip: Room 131 was on the very end and a little more private....
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank twofancy
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We had the pleasure of visiting this hotel for the first AND second times in consecutive weeks, and we found new reasons to love it more with each passing minute!

The staff, lead during our visits by Mr. Josh Greenway, was absolutely exceptional; each showed a great deal of enthusiasm in the role, and an eagerness to please. When our originally desired room was not available (it's a popular spot!), Mr. Greenway did everything in his power to ensure we were well taken care of. His positive outlook and willingness to go the extra mile for his customers was apparent and truly appreciated!

The hotel itself was very clean, roomy, quiet and comfortable. The recent renovations give it more of a spa feel then that of standard lodging, all for an incredible price!

We cannot imagine staying in any other location when in St. Augustine. Jaybird's Inn, Josh Greenway and his staff get our highest recommendation! It's a safe bet, and we hope that your experience was as enjoyable as ours.

Cheers and thank you,