My choice hotel to spend my 40th birthday weekend was Jaybird's Inn. I made my choice based on the other reviewers and the fact that they are a eco friendly hotel.
I was disappointed when we first arrived to our room since we were located right by the side door going into the lobby. I was really upset thinking we were going to hear tons of noise from other hotel guests going into and out of the lobby for the breakfast that is offered (we didn't partake, sorry no review on that). We were very surprised that we didn't hear a thing!!!!! Seriously! Very quite room with fantastic comfy beds with great pillows and plenty of them. A/C worked absolutely perfect! Room was stylish and contemporary in design. Older hotel that is tastefully done and CLEAN. I was worried a little about walking around in the room barefoot since the room is fully tiled but I had no filthy feet! Hooray!
Only complaint is that the counters are really high. I'm a 5 foot tall women and I had to stand on my tippy toes to wash my face. They obviously had to put the counter that high to accommodate the refrigerator that is located below the counter top. I'm short but I never felt like I needed a step stool to wash my face. Wasn't a huge deal but take that in consideration if you are traveling with children. Maybe pack your own little plastic step for the kiddos. My daughter handled it fine.
Definitely a great stay and the price is great for what you get. Location isn't downtown but very close. You will need to drive and then pay for parking. That is the one downfall. Based on location, I don't know if we will ever stay at the Jaybird's Inn again. I think we would pay more to be conveniently located downtown. We like to be in walking distance which this hotel is not.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Jaybird’s Inn, where we’ll treat you like family and provide you the best living and sleeping experience in St. Augustine. Influenced by the old Spanish design of Downtown Historic St. Augustine. When you arrive on our property, you’ll be immersed in the feel of Historic St. Augustine almost immediately. As an active living hotel we offer clean and eco-friendly rooms, and not only encourage, but will help you be active while you enjoy yourself If you’re looking for a more leisurely way to see the Old City, jump on the Red Train Tour that’s next door for a wonderful excursion around St. Augustine. After a day of healthy activity relax at the pool followed by a scrumptious meal at Jaybird’s Restaurant located next door where you’ll receive a 10% discount on all meals. Retire to your comfortable room to watch television on your 42” LCD TV with over 80 channels. Wake up to a cup of tea or Starbucks coffee in your room and then join us for a free continental breakfast in the lobby or have a full breakfast at Jaybird’s Restaurant & Pizzeria. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Jaybird's Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alhambra Hotel Saint Augustine
- Jaybird's Inn St. Augustine, Florida