“Run, I stayed three nights snd was charged for five!!!!!”

Knights Inn St Augustine/Historic District
Ranked #73 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
“Run, I stayed three nights snd was charged for five!!!!!”
Reviewed 26 August 2011

I stayed 3 nights snd was charged for 5, manager is foreign and is very loud and overbearing. Even with police being called snd proving a 3 night stay he refused to correct and threaten to charge more. Police informed only recourse was civil or protest with charge card.

• Stayed August 2011
5 Thank Rcekme362

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed 10 October 2010

Honestly, I have never in my life, ever, stayed in such a dump!

The room was so dirty I felt instantly nasty just walking in. I didn’t even want to take my shoes off! Never touched the tv, microwave, or refrigerator; simply couldn’t bring myself to do it! There was a hair in the ice box. The furniture was broken and had more cigarette burns than I can count on both hands (check out the picture).

Bathroom comes with one bar of soap and two towels. It was so disgusting that I couldn’t even take a shower. Next morning I just washed my face, brushed my teeth, and checked out!

I absolutely do not recommend this hotel, not even to my worst enemy. If you can’t afford more, take my advise and sleep in your car. There are better hotels for the money. Or pay a bit more. It’s not worth your health!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
4 Thank KitDuluCa

Travellers are raving about these St. Augustine hotels

florida
Reviewed 4 October 2010

I originally booked a room at this hotel over the internet...after doing research I knew exactly what I was getting for such a low price! Was totally ok with that...only thing is it was on Ponce De Leon and I would rather be closer San Marco! Near most of the places we will visit!!! Called to cancel my reservation and the lady that answered the phone was very mean (to say the least). Could not cancel my reservation and asked for my name and number for the general manager to call me...are you freaking kidding me! I work in hotels and guaranteed you call us your reservation is canceled within a minute tops, providing you are outside the cancellation period, which i was! Reservation was for January 21, 2011. I was shocked...asked her name...she told me it and I asked her to spell it...all of a sudden there was no response...did she just hang up? wow! tried to call the 800 number and guess what...they keep discounting me too...maybe its my phone? nope tried from my boyfriends phone too! great customer service....glad i am NOT NOT NOT staying there :) First impressions last...

Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank drfrancis
Titusville, Florida
Reviewed 20 July 2010

Upon arrival it looks like any other cheap hotel. Not quite roach but very close to it. The particular room I stayed in was not as dirty as I expected. When we arrived the curtain was a little in disarray, a walk down to the office and five minutes later it was fixed. The man who had come to solve the issue was friendly enough. It was hot inside as they turn the A.C off while unoccupied so if you do stay here and have made reservations call ahead about an hour before you get there.

The bathroom and room itself were spartan with a small fridge that went unused. There was also a microwave the remained silent. The AC was set high up close to the ceiling but a remote was provided. In the bathroom you'll find a bar of deodorant and bar of facial soap. No form of shampoo. No rug or any slip resistance which I expected. The shower head was very basic of course and it was a shower tub setup. Also featured in the shower a long strand of black hair, I have dark brown and it is short cut.

On the outside of the room, there is a ice maker and Soda Machine (Coke specifically) by the office. The parking lot is very small and I'm not entirely sure that they could support their entire compliment of rooms at capacity. Also you'll find a small but clean pool, it's more the size of a kiddie pool but is also slightly deep for that.

My biggest complaint, it's not on San Marco which means you could walk to St. George Street and downtown area without crossing neighborhoods. My biggest thumbs up, my room did not smell musty.

All in all, you get what you pay for. If you are expecting the Plaza and paying 50-80 then perhaps you should make sure no one is slipping anything into your drinks. If you're expecting to find a roof over your head and maybe a microwaved pizza and semi cold soda then you've found the spot.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank CParker321
pc
Reviewed 20 October 2009

I will start off with good....
Good: it was clean except for a slight smell, it has a small fridge/freezer, microwave
ok now the rest....
we saw other hotels once we got there in better shape and better priced
the pool paint missing on the inside everywhere so we did not go in
the manager was so cheap he turns off the lights while it is still dark out , I know this because we were leaving at about 5:45 am to go watch the sunrise and the ONLY light that was on was near the pool which was apx. 100 ft away and it was one of those street lights....so as i was walking down the stairs (which by the way the hand rail is not very secure and has bushes by it) I missed a step thought i was going to fall and then at the very bottom did fall on my face. My daughters (teenagers) were screaming and crying and my husband helped me up. Then he proceeded to let the man know that he needs to leave the lights on because his wife just fell and his comment was it is bright enough over there. SO....needless to say I would not recommend this hotel at all and by the way if you have more than 2 people get ready to ask for more towels because there to cheap to keep 4 up in the rooms and I had to go get toilet paper from the front desk the next day and not to mention the fly we found in the bottom of the tub dead when we got there.
Summing it up:
there are cheaper hotels that are alot nicer looking than this overall I would say don't go and if you do just remember...i warned you ;0) lol

OH and it is not close to downtown like they say

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank ccr2009
Ft. Pierce, Florida
Reviewed 1 July 2009

This place was very filthy. It is worth your few extra dollars to find another place to stay. I took picture of this place, that's how bad it was and plan on sending them to someone, probably health department. I was afraid to touch even the tv, everything was dirty and you didn't dare to put anything down. The swimming pool was so dirty that it looked black in spots. This place is a dump.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank Travelnow50
Ohio
Reviewed 24 March 2008

My Wife and 2 kids arrived in town VERY late and most places were full, so we pulled into this place in the dark. The kids were asleep in the car and I paid $49 for the room. When we got in the room, it was foul smelling and very dirty. I didn’t even undress to sleep on top of the bed. Fortunately, we only stayed here for some quick sleep and shower in the morning. The tub didn’t drain at all and the air conditioning didn’t work. Fortunately it wasn’t too hot of weather. With light in the morning, I found empty pill bottles next to the bed and the sheets were stained with (I wouldn’t want to guess). This place is disgusting and I will NEVER stay at any Knights Inn again as long as I live. We moved to a nicer place early in the morning.

• Liked — $49 cheap
  • Disliked — Everything was disgusting
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)