Knights Inn St Augustine/Historic District
Ranked #74 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
Reviewed 19 November 2012

The hotel was quite, simple and had all I needed, my stay was for 2 days, my 1st visit to Saint Augustine. The price was awesome, the people were nice and always ask if I was and need of anything. The hotel was clean, parking lot was fine, didn't have to park away from my room.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 10 August 2012

After reading all the other reviews, I was kind of scared to stay here but me being the adventurer that I am, I decided what the heck. All we were looking for was a place to sleep. I agree the place is old and could use a lot of cosmetic work. But if what you're looking for is an economical place to stay that is VERY CLOSE to all the good attractions, this place will do nicely. No, its not the Holiday Inn. Its very basic but what do you expect for the price?? I read one of the reviews which said the pool was nasty. They must have fixed that because it looks pretty good to me. I wasn't expecting much when we got here but I was pleasantly surprised that it really isn't bad if all you're looking for is a clean bed and a shower. Old...yes. Nasty...NO.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MimiB49
Reviewed 28 April 2012

pool area closed and disgusting looking, building run down

Room Tip: go to a different hotel
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank denoOrangePark
Reviewed 4 April 2012

What more can I say? I thought this hotel was awesome for the price, you're in a beach town and you're minutes from the city center (Literally $7 cab ride to downtown). The hotel was clean, quaint and economic.

If you want the Hilton, pay for it... don't stay at a budget hotel. :)

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KristinMiller
Ghanysham P, General Manager at Knights Inn St Augustine/Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2016

Thank you for your review! Is true! If you're looking for a 5 star resort be prepared to pay a 5 star price! If you want a $300. a night hotel and location those are available. We offer economical and affordable accomodations located in the Historic District. 2-3 minute drive to downtown. Many attractions begin within walking distance. See you again soon!

Reviewed 27 August 2011

Stayed three nights, they charged for five. Went back with police and loud overbearing manager refused to refund money and threaten to charge more to my card! I will be pursuing legally as this is illegal to steal from my credit card.

• Stayed: August 2011
5  Thank Rcekme
Reviewed 26 August 2011

I stayed 3 nights snd was charged for 5, manager is foreign and is very loud and overbearing. Even with police being called snd proving a 3 night stay he refused to correct and threaten to charge more. Police informed only recourse was civil or protest with charge card.

• Stayed: August 2011
6  Thank Rcekme362
Reviewed 10 October 2010

Honestly, I have never in my life, ever, stayed in such a dump!

The room was so dirty I felt instantly nasty just walking in. I didn’t even want to take my shoes off! Never touched the tv, microwave, or refrigerator; simply couldn’t bring myself to do it! There was a hair in the ice box. The furniture was broken and had more cigarette burns than I can count on both hands (check out the picture).

Bathroom comes with one bar of soap and two towels. It was so disgusting that I couldn’t even take a shower. Next morning I just washed my face, brushed my teeth, and checked out!

I absolutely do not recommend this hotel, not even to my worst enemy. If you can’t afford more, take my advise and sleep in your car. There are better hotels for the money. Or pay a bit more. It’s not worth your health!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
#69 of 78 in St. Augustine
Southern Oaks Inn
Southern Oaks Inn
#11 of 78 in St. Augustine

Been to Knights Inn St Augustine/Historic District? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Knights Inn St Augustine/Historic District

Address: 2500 N Ponce de Leon Blvd, St. Augustine, FL 32084-2645 (Formerly Thriftlodge)
Region: United States > Florida > St. Augustine
Business Centre with Internet Access Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #74 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
Price Range: £48 - £99 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:1.5 star — Knights Inn St Augustine/Historic District 1.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Knights Inn St Augustine/Historic District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Knights Inn Saint Augustine