“NOT Worth Time or Money”

Knights Inn St Augustine/Historic District
Ranked #75 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
Reviewed 3 March 2013

This hotel was a complete and total disaster from the second we got there. First, we walked into our room laid down on the bed and it was as hard as a rock. Then when i tried to shower there was no shampoo or conditioner, which led to a unnecessary trip to CVS. Then after showering my girlfriend and i found hair in our towels, not to mention they were dirty. The customer service was equally as bad if not worse. We later that night called the front desk to double check that we did in fact have a late checkout for the next day, and were told that we had not paid for the late checkout which we were told upon arrival we had paid for. We went to the office for an explanation and the owner swore and yelled at us, then called the police and had us removed at 3am. Even the officers on duty agreed with us that what the owner did was nonsense. So after all is said and done we DO NOT recommend this hotel to any traveler.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Ryan H

Reviewed 25 February 2013

We stayed during the weekend of the 2013 Daytona 500 so we were only looking for a place to sleep. The hotel is older and in need of basic maintenance. But for the price, it was a good bargain. One cannot expect a 5-star hotel at their price. Good points: price and staff was very friendly, recommending excellent family-owned seafood restaurants in the area, and just off interstate. Bad points: missing light bulbs in the lamps, worn electrical outlets. Not easy to find when arriving from north I-95.

Room Tip: Noticed other reviewer's complaints regarding noise. We had a room facing the pool, which faces...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 February 2013 via mobile

Tried to get refund after walking into the nightmare of a room. Owner was very hostile and would not help us. Threatened to call the police on us... Never met a mor unreasonable person in my life. Don't stay here, do yourself a favor.

• Stayed: February 2013
3  Thank Gdoe10
Reviewed 31 December 2012

The hotel was clean and the man at the front desk was very kind and helpful. The hotel is about 5 minutes away from the Castillo, which was great. Sure, being on the main part itself would have been nice but it was still in a good location. It was a great price for no-frills budget traveling.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed 20 November 2012

This was the ABSOLUTE WORST hotel experience ever. The owner lied about being the owner because he didn't want to deal with any issues. Everything was broken in our room. The beds were filthy and the other party traveling with us had hair in their sheets. The owner charged us $45 more for our stay than our parties even with the same number of people. Threatened to call the police on us. Yelled and swore at my husband and we had to use napkins that we brought with as toilet paper because they wouldn't allow us to get anything else until the extra fee was paid. Never ever ever again would anyone PAY me even to stay here. The room didn't smell but that was the only thing that was normal about this. It is cheaper to actually stay downtown historic than to have this guy rip you off. They also tried to overcharge our other party.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank AFLTraveler
Reviewed 19 November 2012

The hotel was quite, simple and had all I needed, my stay was for 2 days, my 1st visit to Saint Augustine. The price was awesome, the people were nice and always ask if I was and need of anything. The hotel was clean, parking lot was fine, didn't have to park away from my room.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2012

After reading all the other reviews, I was kind of scared to stay here but me being the adventurer that I am, I decided what the heck. All we were looking for was a place to sleep. I agree the place is old and could use a lot of cosmetic work. But if what you're looking for is an economical place to stay that is VERY CLOSE to all the good attractions, this place will do nicely. No, its not the Holiday Inn. Its very basic but what do you expect for the price?? I read one of the reviews which said the pool was nasty. They must have fixed that because it looks pretty good to me. I wasn't expecting much when we got here but I was pleasantly surprised that it really isn't bad if all you're looking for is a clean bed and a shower. Old...yes. Nasty...NO.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple