“Walked in... And walked right back out!”

Knights Inn St Augustine/Historic District
Ranked #71 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
“Walked in... And walked right back out!”
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I literally just took a loss of money on this motel. My man and I walked in and walked out within 2 minutes. The room smells like bug spray, the furniture is old and nasty. The sheet had an old stain on it which looks like blood... Along with the other hundreds of stains. They only provide to flat pillows which smell funky, and no sheets besides the stained up fitted one.I was afraid to put my purse down. The walls were dirty, the carpet is old and musty looking. Do not go to this motel! We've been to some bad motels before, but this is the worse!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank giorgio1286

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Tampa
Reviewed 22 May 2013

Disgusting smell upon entering room, but at least you can get used to a bad smell. Dirty, frayed carpet, sink wouldn't drain, shower wouldn't drain, toilet wouldn't flush. A complaint brought a scolding. An hour after checkout, the owner added a $60 charge to my card. Returned to inquirer about this charge instead of getting my $10 key deposit refund, the owner was argumentative and combative, calling me a liar and a slob. After telling him I'll contest any charges and will be calling the bbb, he physically tried to stop me from leaving, gesturing aggressively towards my wife and me. 30 minutes later, a $150 charge was added to my card. Disgusting behavior from the owner of a thoroughly disgusting motel. I feel I've been taken advantage of by a scam artist.

• Stayed May 2013
5 Thank theangrybovine

Travellers are raving about these St. Augustine hotels

Reviewed 20 May 2013

This place should be torn down. Really. The rooms stink. Cheap furniture. Just looking at the grounds should scare people away. The people that run the place are very rude. I was told I could not have people in the room. Friends. People I have known for years that just stopped by to say hello. NO PARTYING is what I was told. No partying just visiting. He argued that only two people could be in the room and I could get my [--] kicked out.
STAY AWAY FROM THIS DUMP. JUST PLAIN NASTY. WASTE OF YOUR MIND AND MONEY.
And when I checked out, there was coffee and danish. AHHH NO WAY. The lobby stunk so bad I had to get out of there. DONT WASTE YOU TIME.

• Stayed May 2013
3 Thank thomyc134allie
Middleburg, Florida
Reviewed 3 March 2013

This hotel was a complete and total disaster from the second we got there. First, we walked into our room laid down on the bed and it was as hard as a rock. Then when i tried to shower there was no shampoo or conditioner, which led to a unnecessary trip to CVS. Then after showering my girlfriend and i found hair in our towels, not to mention they were dirty. The customer service was equally as bad if not worse. We later that night called the front desk to double check that we did in fact have a late checkout for the next day, and were told that we had not paid for the late checkout which we were told upon arrival we had paid for. We went to the office for an explanation and the owner swore and yelled at us, then called the police and had us removed at 3am. Even the officers on duty agreed with us that what the owner did was nonsense. So after all is said and done we DO NOT recommend this hotel to any traveler.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Ryan H
Pine Mountain, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 25 February 2013

We stayed during the weekend of the 2013 Daytona 500 so we were only looking for a place to sleep. The hotel is older and in need of basic maintenance. But for the price, it was a good bargain. One cannot expect a 5-star hotel at their price. Good points: price and staff was very friendly, recommending excellent family-owned seafood restaurants in the area, and just off interstate. Bad points: missing light bulbs in the lamps, worn electrical outlets. Not easy to find when arriving from north I-95.

Room Tip: Noticed other reviewer's complaints regarding noise. We had a room facing the pool, which faces...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 February 2013 via mobile

Tried to get refund after walking into the nightmare of a room. Owner was very hostile and would not help us. Threatened to call the police on us... Never met a mor unreasonable person in my life. Don't stay here, do yourself a favor.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank Gdoe10
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 31 December 2012

The hotel was clean and the man at the front desk was very kind and helpful. The hotel is about 5 minutes away from the Castillo, which was great. Sure, being on the main part itself would have been nice but it was still in a good location. It was a great price for no-frills budget traveling.

• Stayed December 2012