“Very disappointed”

Ranked #72 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
Weeki Wachee, Florida
“Very disappointed”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

In it's heyday, it was probably a nice place. But it's time for an update! The worst part was the bed! I believe sleeping on the floor may have been better. Room was dirty and falling apart. I hope this review saves someone from staying at this place!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed 17 December 2013 via mobile

Roaches in the nasty room, at 9 o clock at night crawling over nightstand, left in PJs to desk to get another room, 102, horrible, lights don't work, bathroom hideous. Nasty, nasty tub. Demanded full refund and left to sleep on the floor in my new clean house.
You get what you pay for, remember that. Thought I might have gotten a deal, joke was on me.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these St. Augustine hotels

Paoli
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Once again I checked out the room. I explained to the desk clerk that I have allergies and had checked out another Hotel and it had the smell of bug spray. She tried to pass it off as cleaning products. This room was fairly decent too. When I asked to check the room out she acted like I was going to steal something. Told me they were supposed to go with us and she was the only one working. She let me check it out and it ended up being a handicap room! So she could see me I suppose. Wasn't to bad at first, but the longer we were there the more I could smell the cleaning fluids! Was so glad to get out in the morning. Even took a couple of walks before going to bed. Breakfast was cold cereal and breakfast rolls.

Room Tip: Check out the Anastasia.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mary K
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Room was nasty. bathroom was disgusting. smelled. stains on the walls. towels so thin you can see through them. bath tub was chipped. they need to take down the hotel and start over. The door cards were not working. Had to be remove to a new room because the room we were put in was not cleaned. please take this hotel off your site. the health department should be called in to inspect it and it should be shut down.

Room Tip: Do not stay at this hotel. It is a dump. You will probably get legion aires disease with the air con...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank gg m
PalmCity
Reviewed 31 August 2013

If you are tired of driving and not ready to go through Jacksonville (N) or want a decent room just of I-95 for a great price, this is it. Huge parking lot, Restaurants at the entrance. Convenience store too. Not perfect, just a decent room, especially if you need to park a truck.

Room Tip: Get a room not facing I-95.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I literally just took a loss of money on this motel. My man and I walked in and walked out within 2 minutes. The room smells like bug spray, the furniture is old and nasty. The sheet had an old stain on it which looks like blood... Along with the other hundreds of stains. They only provide to flat pillows which smell funky, and no sheets besides the stained up fitted one.I was afraid to put my purse down. The walls were dirty, the carpet is old and musty looking. Do not go to this motel! We've been to some bad motels before, but this is the worse!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank giorgio1286
Tampa
Reviewed 22 May 2013

Disgusting smell upon entering room, but at least you can get used to a bad smell. Dirty, frayed carpet, sink wouldn't drain, shower wouldn't drain, toilet wouldn't flush. A complaint brought a scolding. An hour after checkout, the owner added a $60 charge to my card. Returned to inquirer about this charge instead of getting my $10 key deposit refund, the owner was argumentative and combative, calling me a liar and a slob. After telling him I'll contest any charges and will be calling the bbb, he physically tried to stop me from leaving, gesturing aggressively towards my wife and me. 30 minutes later, a $150 charge was added to my card. Disgusting behavior from the owner of a thoroughly disgusting motel. I feel I've been taken advantage of by a scam artist.

• Stayed May 2013