“Stay Away please”

Ranked #74 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
Ft. Pierce, Florida
“Stay Away please”
Reviewed 1 July 2009

This place was very filthy. It is worth your few extra dollars to find another place to stay. I took picture of this place, that's how bad it was and plan on sending them to someone, probably health department. I was afraid to touch even the tv, everything was dirty and you didn't dare to put anything down. The swimming pool was so dirty that it looked black in spots. This place is a dump.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank Travelnow50

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Ohio
Reviewed 24 March 2008

My Wife and 2 kids arrived in town VERY late and most places were full, so we pulled into this place in the dark. The kids were asleep in the car and I paid $49 for the room. When we got in the room, it was foul smelling and very dirty. I didn’t even undress to sleep on top of the bed. Fortunately, we only stayed here for some quick sleep and shower in the morning. The tub didn’t drain at all and the air conditioning didn’t work. Fortunately it wasn’t too hot of weather. With light in the morning, I found empty pill bottles next to the bed and the sheets were stained with (I wouldn’t want to guess). This place is disgusting and I will NEVER stay at any Knights Inn again as long as I live. We moved to a nicer place early in the morning.

• Liked — $49 cheap
  • Disliked — Everything was disgusting
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travellers are raving about these St. Augustine hotels

FL
Reviewed 20 October 2007

I booked this motel on line on Motels.com it was given a 3 star rating by AAA how this can be I don't know but they will be hearing from me next! My son and I came over from the West side of the state for a get a way and arrived at 1 dropped our stuff off and left. When we got back later that evening went in and it was the most disgusting place I have seen!! I am including pictures of the filth and the peeling paint, the mold and just nasty place it was, the roach pictures did not turn out!!! Horrible people hanging out in the parking lot which was so small we almost had to park in the street!!! DO NOT GO THERE AT ANY COST!!!!

• Liked — Nothing Filthy And Disgusting
  • Disliked — The Roaches
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
orlando
Reviewed 6 August 2007

My boyfriend and I visited the Knight’s Inn at the very end of May and had a wonderful visit. The staff was very nice and the room was very clean,and a steal for the price and location. Having had such a wonderful visit the first time, we planned another trip at the end of July, mere months after our initial visit and we brought along 2 other couples. We checked in the room on Saturday July 28th around 5pm and promptly left to go explore the city.

Upon returning to the room a few hours later, we were amazed at the change in atmosphere. The place looked like a transient motel or weekly apartment rental establishment. While the women in my group were unloading the cars, there was a group of thuggish looking individuals hanging out in front of a room outside, drinking and cat calling us. Then a group of gentlemen came out of another room and hung around outside watching us come and go from our room. This entire atmosphere made us highly uncomfortable and we decided to see if we could find another room at another hotel. While looking for a phone book in our room, to our horror, we opened the top drawer of the nightstand and found a tube of personal lubricant. Now I have seen some things in my day but this was the last straw. We felt that we had checked into a brothel and were all quite disgusted with this find and horrified that the cleaning staff could have left this in the room for another guest to find.

The entire party entered the office and politely asked for a refund. The office staff was no help and did not care about our feelings of personal safety nor did he care about the lack cleanliness in the 2 rooms. The manager or owner was “not in town” and the gentleman was not being very helpful, quite unlike our first visit. We were all very polite in our request and never did one of our 6 voices rise above any normal volume. We tried our very best to keep the mood light in hopes that he’d realize that we were nice people and did not deserve to be treated this way. Maybe we should have been more demanding? However, we did leave the slum motel and immediately called our banks to dispute the charges.

One person’s dispute was honored and the other’s wasn’t. It’s sad that some businesses can’t help out a customer in a time where personal safety feels jeopardized. We hoped that we could have cleared this up with you at the Knight’s Inn without having to get the banks involved as it’s quite a hassle. I’m going to do my best to let fellow travelers know how unclean, unsafe and irresponsible of an establishment that the Knight’s Inn in St. Augustine, FL really is.

• Liked — location and price
  • Disliked — service, rooms, other "guests"
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with friends
3 Thank RyMag
georgia
Reviewed 20 July 2006

the staff was very courteous. the rooms was very dirty, plaster was falling off the ceilings, poor plumbing problems. pool was very nasty. management allows children of employees to use pool and invite other kids over who are'nt guests to use pool. i asked the kids to not crowd my wife and kids who was sitting at the edge of the pool. the kids became unruly and spat and urinated in the pool while making racial remarks. the motel was very dirty and guests sit outside and get drunk and use profane lanuage. the music from guests is played so loud their cars rattle. we left the next day. will never stay here again.

• Liked — access to interstate
  • Disliked — other guests/dirty room
  • Tips/Secrets — don't stay here
  • Stayed April 2006, travelled with family
5 Thank mrdoug
florida
Reviewed 5 July 2006

I have never had a experance like this before. We booked online and when we arrived I could not belive how dirty this place was. The maid service was using a shopping cart. The window seals was dirty. Duct tape on one of the doors. You could tell people was staying here a long time. Trust me a older place is fine as long as it is clean. We did not even go inside we left. I told my wife to call and tell them I could not make it and we would have to cancle. I didnt wont to tell them the place was unfit to stay. They told her we would have to pay $50.00 so I went back and told the manager the real reason that we was not going to stay was because it was a dirty place. He told me since we lied about why we was not staying we would have to pay the $50.00. I told him that I was trying to be nice but this is a dirty smelly place and he could go outside with me and I would show him. I told him I would report this to Knights Inn. he said do what what ever you wont to. There was another employee that said other people have told them that this place is a ----t whole and they gave them thier money back and that I should of been upfront with them. I told him I was going to take pictures, this time he told me if I did he would call the police. They charged me full price. Knights Inn told me I would have to take this matter to the owner. The manager is the owner. I wish I would of found this site before I am not the only one mad and out my money.

• Stayed July 2006
8 Thank amaratinlizzie
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 8 August 2005

I have travelled around the world and never had such a bad experience as this. My husband booked ahead at the Knight's Inn as he had had a good experience in one earlier this year. Unfortunately this one did not follow suit.
We live in Florida on the west coast and were having a weekend get-away with our 5 year old daughter. We checked in at the hotel at about 1pm, dumped our stuff and went out to see the town. We returned at about 11pm. My first observation..... there were a lot of "seedy looking" characters around. We went into our room, it smelled bad, as though someone had recently thrown up in it. In the bathroom the paint was literally peeling off the walls. On opening the refrigerator we found a "cool cockroach". Worse was yet to come!!!!
I crawled into bed with my 5 year old to read a good night story, she was a little unsettled, I asked her what was wrong. She replied that the bed was wet. On pulling back the sheets I almost threw up! In the middle of the bed was a "wet spot", obviously this bed had been used recently!!!!
We got the manager into the room, he examined the "spot" and said it must have been from the laundrey machines!!!! He must have thought I was born yesterday! His "fix it" response was to put clean linens on the bed, or he could give us our money back and we could leave. By this time it is midnight and we have a sleepy child and we know there is nowhere else to stay. There was no thermostat on the A/C, we had to have it on though to drown out the noise of the other guests hanging around outside in the early hours of the morning. I probably don't have to say any more to get the message across to you that this was not the vacation weekend I was planning!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2005