“Loved everything!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #49 of 79 Hotels in St. Augustine
Ocoee, Florida, United States
“Loved everything!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

I stayed at the St. Augustine Island Inn overnight last night, and had a wonderful time. The beach was fairly close, and the walk was serene. Both managers were very nice, and treated us like family. I didn't get to know the guy who was mopping the floor, however, but I assumed he was nice. The room had a quaint, old-world charm. The beds were comfortable, and cozy. The AC unit in the room cooled us to freezing point; that's how well it worked! The continental breakfast made me feel right at home. It was only fifteen minutes to the downtown area, and I thought that was perfect. I never went in the pool, but it seemed nice. The TV had every channel I watch, so that was awesome! I definitely will recommend to friends, and tell them all the wonderful things about this hotel! The only thing that was a little weird was there were a few stains on the sheets. But I thought that was fine because they run the hotel alone, and put a lot of hard work into making sure everything was in tip-top shape. I will definitely stay again! :D

Room Tip: Any room is perfect :)
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Cleanliness
1 Thank Kylek2000

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Ocoee, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

My son and I just spent the night for his 14th birthday to explore St. Augustine and the beach. I have to say that Steve and Anna were absolutely fantastic hosts. As other people here have said, you leave feeling like this is family. We will be back and consider this our St. Augustine home away from home. The Inn is located down the boardwalk from the beach. You take a walk through a pretty nature preserve to find a beautiful ocean setting. The hotel while beachside is a short drive to downtown historic St. Augustine with its many things to see and do. The hotel also has a beautiful little pool. There is a Publix shopping center across the street. The bathroom is immaculate, the beds comfortable. The TV has lots of stations from which to choose. The price was great. We will never forget how wonderfully Steve and Anna treated us and we are looking forward to seeing them again soon.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Pinellas Park, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

we were looking for a place to stay and many places are very pricey and nor that nice and some are just not nice at all. I was so pleased when we found this hotel. It is on the beach area only a less then 10 or 15 min from the historic cites and , well you just get the best of all St Augustine. The manager is very nice , you will enjoy our stay too! There were couple and family' fun.

Room Tip: the beds were very comfy
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank junab70
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Large rooms & great rates. The staff was friendly & made great restaurant recommendations & close to the beach. Great pool and continental breakfast. It was on the trolley line, easy to see the sights. I would stay there again next time I go to St. Augustine beach.

• Stayed August 2014
      Cleanliness
Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

Wasn't worth the $185 for a night. Room was hot when we got in there, old, sheets had stains and cigarette burns. Nothing like the pictures on here. Pretty far walk from the beach and no beach view either. Walls were thin and four rooms shared a balcony. Unfortunately we ended up with a family with three kids who were running around the balcony at 7 am right by our bed on a Sunday morning. Would not stay there or recommend. Definitely better hotels for the same price or pretty close to it.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Winter Park, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

The offer was an affordable price for me and my family. From our room, we had quick access to a staircase where our car was parked underneath; and I saw this as an asset (safety is a priority with me). The inn is situated in a relatively quiet neighborhood so no noise nuisances. The policy "reminders" were prominently posted to help people be mindful of others' stays/help make their stay more pleasant, and to help keep prices/expenses down. In addition to staircases (I think there were three or four total), there was an elevator which I used to haul our luggage up to the second floor. The pool looked nice but we didn't use it. The room and bathroom were clean. Free wifi for smart phone/laptop and cable TV are other bonuses. There were a few things I hope the owner will consider looking in to for the future. First, the mattress was too hard for my preference. If you love hard mattresses, then this would be an asset for you. Second, there was a limited selection of breakfast offered in the mornings: two choices of cereal, some oatmeal, English muffins, and hot water/coffee/milk/orange juice. That's it. If these breakfast selections are not an issue for you, great. It would be wise of the owners to at least offer more options such as fresh fruits here daily (apples and bananas come to mind). Third, the lobby is air-conditioned but the hallways are not. I didn't have any issues with this personally and I understand this is otherwise a huge summer expense for the owner. However, people with medical conditions (such as heart) that require air-conditioning would find this difficult to deal with in especially July-Aug summer heat and humidity. Other than these three conditions, I found the staff to be friendly, knowledgeable, practical, and helpful. I would stay here again If I brought an inflatable air mattress and some of my own favorite things to eat for breakfast. For what I paid, this was a good experience for me and my family.

Room Tip: Rooms near the elevator for ease of luggage hauling or rooms near staircases for quicker access to v...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
Vero Beach
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Booked 3nights here recently and had a great time as usual in St. Augie. Hotel is convenient and the covered parking was welcome since the temp was typical summer Florida. Small pool but relaxing. Owner very helpful man, Sai, and provided for anything needed. Owner is frugal because there is no a/c in the hallways. All are unplugged which I could understand as long as rooms cooled down good, and it did. Comfy beds and very clean and roomy. They need to be schooled on coffee, not good. Small detail but a lot of folks might get picky. Breakfast is minimal but for the price I didn't expect a buffet either. Beach access is a long walk but that is just location. The kicker is that you can drive your car ON the beach. Super convenient. Beach is beautiful and super clean. Cost is $8 all day, not a bad price for helping the city keep it clean. Very busy on weekends, though. Get there early. All in all I would stay there again. Can't beat the price of $71 a night. Love St. Augustine.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple