“They were so nice....”

Travelodge Suites St Augustine
Ranked #50 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
Reviewed 24 February 2011

My hsband and I and our 3 year old decided to take an improvised trip to St augustine from Orlando were we live. All hotels were booked solid since it was Daytona 500 weekend and we couldnt find anywhere to stay that even fit our budget. We stopped here and used their restroom and inquired about vacancy and rates. I saw online it was like $300 a night and we def couldnt afford that but to our surprise they said it was $190 a night and then my husband spoke to him and he said he could do $160 a night, that was great! we stayed, it was clean and just what we needed. Thank you for helping us out with the last hotel toom available in St augustine...lol

Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
HEENAHOSPITALITY, Owner at Travelodge Suites St Augustine, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2011

When we speak with guests, we try to make them feel at home, as if they were conversing with friends. The way that we do this is by using kind words, and cooperating for the betterment of the guest’s stay. We give each and every one of our guests our full attention and cooperation, and if they have any needs that we can accommodate, we do so to the extent of our abilities. We like to provide one on one service and focus on what is right for the customer. We lower prices for the customer if we can, but when we do, we don’t lower the quality of the room, we give them the same special treatment as every other valued customer we have. We offer a wide variety of rooms. We have 2 bedroom suites, rooms with jacuzzi and kitchenette rooms. We try to get to know you, the customer, so that we can understand what you want and give you exactly what you desire. So remember, at Travelodge Old Town, here in St. Augustine, we are always there to help.

Thank you very much for your appreciative words and we look forward to seeing you your friends and family soon again.

Jigisha Patel,

Reviewed 29 December 2010

This hotel was absolutely great for the price. The room smelled clean upon entering and was exceptionally clean inside. The bed was very comfortable and CLEAN. The location was fantastic and VERY quiet. The Indian lady at the front desk was VERY helpful and quite friendly. I will definitely stay here again and I highly recommend this particular Travel Lodge to others.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
HEENAHOSPITALITY, Owner at Travelodge Suites St Augustine, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2011

We always say that we are not a 5 star hotel or resort, although guests compare and contrast some of our traits to high class hotels. How we build trust is part of what we are selling: not just rooms, but the environment and the service experience. We are building on that in a difficult environment and clienteling is part of the experience. Part of our service includes clean rooms, a nice pool, very nice kitchenettes, Jacuzzis, cottages, and very nice suites, but a large part of us giving you, the guest, a satisfying experience, is our service. We like to provide one on one service and focus on what is right for the customer. We believe that one can't just be mediocre. You have to be on either extreme: extreme value extreme or high end of value- service- quality-product. We have chosen to be on the former.
Thank you very much for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you your friends and family soon again.

Jigisha Patel,

Reviewed 5 December 2010

This hotel is great if you like privacy and quiet at night. It is at the edge of Old Town St Augustine away from the noise and traffic. But it is close enough to any of the trolly pick up areas or the attractions if you wish to drive yourself into town. Very Clean, Managers were very attentive and helpful. I would stay again next time I am in the area. The price was very reasonable for what we wanted..a quiet clean place to sleep at night.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2010

The room was very smelly, the linens where dirty and smelly. I would have paid more to stay in a better hotel. The rooms advertised on line looked nothing like the room you actually get.The only good thing about it was the location. I would recomend an american owned hotel, they are alway clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank janiefl12
HEENAHOSPITALITY, Owner at Travelodge Suites St Augustine, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2010

Thank you very much for your input, however there are some flaws with your opinion. Our linens are done professionally with Alsco’s Linen Service. Also, this property is run by American standards and the staff here is a team. Once again, we appreciate your evaluation.

Reviewed 16 April 2010

We selected Travelodge only because friends in a wedding party were booked there. They knew what they were doing. We found the motel to be very clean and well-kept with the conveniences that you expect in a good hotel... coffee, refrig, microwave. And the couple that owns and manages the hotel take great pride in running a first class motel.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 April 2010

I've recently spent a total 1.5 months in St. Augustine for my flight training. I chose Travelodge following a recommendation by my flight school. I stayed in Travelodge four weeks in December 2009 and then two weeks in March 2010. So I consider myself a returning customer. I enjoyed my stay a lot. The rooms I used were comfortable, quiet and clean. The owners are super friendly and helpful. Overall rating: good value! There's free wi-fi, which generally works OK for emailing and basic browsing. However it's not reliable enough to use skype. My suggestion for improvement: I would get rid of the bell which is triggered by opening the reception door - it's a nuisance.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 April 2010

Bad all around. Office people are unattentive to guest needs. There is a doorbell on the office, which is very close to rooms, that is EXTREMELY loud and obnoxious, impossible to sleep while it's going off. Just a bad vibe overall when talking to staff. I called room service to get a broom and dustpan to our room (friend had broken some glass) and the lady made me come down to the office (and suffer the wrath of the inanely loud doorbell) and wait for 5 minutes to get them, and then told me to walk the 300 feet to the back of the hotel to throw it away in the dumpster! So much for customer service. They offer a kitchenette as one of their amenities, and when I asked for kitchenwares, received 2 bowls, 3 mugs, silverware, two tiny pots, and a small skillet. Had to go buy more equipment. They also tried to charge me $50 to "fix" the free wifi that didn't work. Don't come here. Sucks.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends

Thank you very much for your input. However, I would like to clarify the kitchenware issue. We clearly state that we only offer basic utensils for kitchenette rooms. Also, our wireless is completely free, so we cannot charge you anything for it. And as per many customers’ request, we have replaced our welcome bell with a quieter one. Once again, we really appreciate your review.

Jigisha Patel