I drove four hours to this resort. When I arrived there was a person who checked us in located in the middle of the lobby. The check in was fast and pleasant. As elite members we were offered either a coupon for a drink at the bar or free WI-FI in our rooms. A nice touch. They advertised a special Mother's Day Brunch, the senior rate was $32. We immediately made reservations for the next day. I requested an upgrade and was accommodated. My room overlooked the pool and a lake and it had a balcony. Immediately we felt good.
The hotel is a atrium style, with a huge mobile that is many stories high, very interesting and impressive. It has water running over a rock formation that is tranquilizing. The next morning we looked over the rail while waiting for the elevator and saw what looked like a huge buffet from 7 floors up. When we reached the lobby and walked over to the restaurant. By the way, they extended the seating into the lobby to accommodate all those who wished to partake of this fare. The buffet not only tasted very good, but the presentation was outstanding. They had variously shaped cups and glasses which contained a variety of side lights. For example, they had cream cheese and lox in a small wine shaped glass with pieces of bagel on the sides, much the way lemons are served. The had a southwestern salad, a Caesar salad and several others all displayed in various shapes vessels. The had the obligatory omelet station, a pasta station and a carving station serving prime ribs. They also had lobster bisque, large cocktail shrimp, a variety of vegetables and all the traditional breakfast foods.
For the children they had chef's hats and aprons. They set up a low table for the children to customize pancakes, with a variety of toppings. Needless to say the desert bar also consisted a large variety of deserts that were prepared in various size and shapes of glasses. What a treat. The staff was pleasant although our waiter was kind of slow in taking away the dirty dishes. My wife's Mother's Day was a success from breakfast on. That evening we ate in the lounge. This was not nearly as successful a dining experience as we had in the AM. The service was extremely slow at a time when they were relatively empty. It took us about 2 1/2 hours to complete our meal. I ordered a Cobb salad without bacon, it came with bacon. I ordered a ham and turkey sandwich, this too came with bacon. I told the server who indicated that she knew that I ordered the salad without bacon but I did not indicate it that for the sandwich. I then informed her that the salad did indeed come with loads of bacon that I fished out of the salad, it was replaced after an extensive wait. My wife ordered a turkey Reuben sandwich, it came as a corned beef sandwich. This too was returned.
Overall, the hotel was extremely well maintained, the rooms were large, cheery and comfortable. I would love to return there again. This was a level 5 hotel which has recently been downgraded by Marriott to a level four. It seem like a level 5 to me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Explore everything that downtown St. Augustine has to offer! Renaissance World Golf Village Resort and Convention Center offers a complimentary shuttle for individual guests to and from downtown St. Augustine(based on availability). The Renaissance World Golf Village Resort offers fresh, well appointed accommodations featuring 37 inch flat-panel televisions, sparkling new bathrooms and furnishings, high-speed wireless Internet access, spacious work areas, wet bars and refrigerators among many modern luxuries. Meet in the largest combination hotel and convention center between Orlando and Atlanta. Within 15 minutes of the resort enjoy 108 holes of championship golf, including the Slammer and Squire, located just steps from your guest room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your World Golf Village Renaissance St. Augustine Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance World Golf Village Hotel Saint Augustine
- Renaissance Saint Augustine
- Saint Augustine Renaissance
- World Golf Village Renaissance St. Augustine Resort Florida