We arrived on the Wednesday evening of Memorial Day weekend after coming from the Orlando airport. Since my husband had not eaten since noon and it was already about 7:30pm when we arrived, I attempted to place a room service order (he is diabetic and must eat fairly often). I ordered an entree for each of us, 2 glasses of ice water (not bottled water) and 2 identical desserts at approximately 8PM. I was advised that it would be there in about 45 minutes. The food arrived an hour later and was not correct (had bottled water and only 1 dessert). We then waited for another half hour for the correct items to be brought and a bill which had incorrect prices. The phones took forever for someone to answer when calling the front desk, or for the shuttle cart to come get us to come from other venues in the complex. It was not due to being busy as we arrived when not many people were there yet. Even speaking to a manager didn't get the problems resolved as we were presented with an incorrect final bill for our stay and had to spend time at the front desk getting that straightened out. The room was very nice. Seemed to be many new employees , not staffed or trained properly, inadequate response to the customers, no information regarding the obtaining of the free internet for Gold members. We had stayed in December 2010 and had an enjoyable experience with a nice room that was very quiet then but have decided to not return after this treatment in May. Room in May was nicer but very noisy once the weekend approached and more people arrived.
In summary, room very nice, maid service inconsistent, food poor, room service was terrible, desk /front staff were nice, needs better customer service overall.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Explore everything that downtown St. Augustine has to offer! Renaissance World Golf Village Resort and Convention Center offers a complimentary shuttle for individual guests to and from downtown St. Augustine(based on availability). The Renaissance World Golf Village Resort offers fresh, well appointed accommodations featuring 37 inch flat-panel televisions, sparkling new bathrooms and furnishings, high-speed wireless Internet access, spacious work areas, wet bars and refrigerators among many modern luxuries. Meet in the largest combination hotel and convention center between Orlando and Atlanta. Within 15 minutes of the resort enjoy 108 holes of championship golf, including the Slammer and Squire, located just steps from your guest room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelsClick and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your World Golf Village Renaissance St. Augustine Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance World Golf Village Hotel Saint Augustine
- Renaissance Saint Augustine
- Saint Augustine Renaissance
- World Golf Village Renaissance St. Augustine Resort Florida