“Beautiful Hotel but”

Ranked #30 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
SE Fla
“Beautiful Hotel but”
Reviewed 23 November 2011

Bottom line, this Hotel is a beautiful place and has a very friendly staff. Would I stay there again, yes but, I may look for a something a bit more user friendly. Here is the bad I experienced and these are things I do not expect when staying at a Marriott with the prices they charge. Hot water was weak both mornings we stayed there. Not terrible but certainly not great. They also wanted $12+ for the internet - really at a Marriott - I was told that I could go down to the lobby for free internet. I'm not schlepping down to the lobby unless there is free drinks at the end of that journey. Last thing - I chose not to use their valet parking and had to walk a mile to get to my car, which is ok cause i can use the the exercise BUT why is the valet parking spaces so close to the hotel - maybe they don't wat those poor valet's guys to have to run to far to get the cars. These are minor things that I would expect at a lessor brand but never at a Marriott property. Did I mention that the place is beautiful with great people working there cause that really is the most important thing to look for to me and overall I was pleased.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
JeffreyOliasami, General Manager at World Golf Village Renaissance St. Augustine Resort, responded to this review, 9 December 2011
Thank you so much for the compliments to our team. We are very proud of our service team and appreciate your feedback on your resort experience. We are always interested in improving the guest experience and thank you for proving us with great suggestions.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (291)
Reviewed 20 November 2011

When you get off of the exit, it appears as you are in the middle of no mans land. However the well theamed resort caters to the lovers of golf. However if you don't play golf don't worry, it's about 15-20 min away from Historic St. Augustine and is a great place to stay. It reminded us of some of the resorts you would stay at Disney. Since we live and breath Disney and SeaWorld (we live in Orlando I work for SeaWorld, wife works at Disney) we will will be back for another stay very soon.

• Stayed November 2011
SE coast
Reviewed 11 November 2011

I've been to this hotel 3 times over the past year for a nursing conference, as well as leisure. The hotel is very clean, large, but quiet for having an open atrium. Both restaurants have good and reasonably priced food (from a hotel standpoint). They offer a free shuttle to downtown St. Augustine which keeps you from having to find a place to park. Overall great hotel. Really can't find any negatives.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Oldsmar, Florida
Reviewed 3 November 2011

The Renaissance is a very good hotel and we found our room most comfy and well appointed in a modern decor. The wet bar and refrigerator are nice conveniences. The only negative is the rooms are cramped with the double beds. The staff were all very gracious during our visit, glad to assist with any needs or requests. Nice touches were the evening notes of the upcoming days weather and chocolates. Our view of the lake at World Golf Village was terrific. Convenience is the major attraction of the hotel for our stay as our time was spent golf the King & Bear and Slammer & Squire. Overall a very good hotel. Be sure to check out specials with golf for your visit. It is very close to St. Augustine as well and we did enjoy visiting there for dinner.

Room Tip: Try for a corner room (ours was not a corner and it was tight). Look for golf packages with your st...
Farmington, CT
Reviewed 31 October 2011

My last stay here about one year ago left me thinking that the rooms were starting to look a little worn since their complete remodeling. Must have been just thT room! This year our room was just lovely, and the whole atmosphere so relaxing ( once the comic book convention left) after 3 long days in the car. The staff is pleasant and accommodating, the restaurant in the hotel delicious, and sadly dropping the "stimulus" menu of two courses and wine for $12.95!!!! A bargain we have availed ourselves of for the last few years.
With big thick towels and a comfy bed in a lovely, quiet room, fantastic!

Room Tip: Anything with a balcony overlooking the golf course.
Savannah
Reviewed 26 October 2011

Hotel is absolutely wonderful and staff very friendly. Rooms are great and very clean. Only complaint, $12.95 for internet a day?? Really? If I Pay $170/night I expect to have Internet. It`s the 21st century. Any 2 star Hotel offers Internet free.

Room Tip: We had pool view, was great.
Big Lake, Minnesota
Reviewed 23 October 2011

This is a very nice property but not a resort by any stretch of the imangination. The rooms are nice, not spectacular. Extremely clean and comfortable, except for the $12.95 internet charge. Really? Restauarnt and lounge on site. Food quality was good. I enjoyed my stay but I don't think it was worht the value at $200+ a night.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
St Augustine Hotel & Suites
St Augustine Hotel & Suites
#61 of 78 in St. Augustine
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Saint Augustine North

Been to World Golf Village Renaissance St. Augustine Resort? Share your experiences!