We use this hotel annually for a group of about 60+ rooms because they are a full service conference oriented hotel and can accommodate both the number of rooms and the meeting space to feed the group breakfast in the morning. It's been about three years in a row and while this past year was the most challenging, we had not experienced a problem in the past and did sign a contract to return this upcoming year after some deliberations with the hotel management (they contracted all double/double beds but when we arrived we had fewer than half the number necessary to accommodate the group). The physical property is beautiful and spacious, I like the free parking and how accessible to the resort it is (park right near the front door and walk up, making trips to the car easy). The arrival experience with no real front desk but more like a podium encourages the staff to walk freely about and have more face to face interaction with the guests. When I checked in the front desk associate never even stepped behind the desk, he shook my hand when I walked the front door, we walked together to his kiosk where my keys were laying already made up on the counter, he handed them to me, nothing to swipe (I'm a Marriott Rewards Platinum and it was complimentary stay with a credit card already on file) and I was in my room in just a few minutes. The snag was quite challenging with the double beds but the hotel staff worked with me for several hours accommodating us with upgraded larger rooms, relocating some staff to a nearby hotel and paying for an executive of ours to relocate to an expensive sister property downtown. Again, we're returning this year and I'm most appreciative of management working through everything with me to encourage us to come back because it really is the only hotel in town for a group our size.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Explore everything that downtown St. Augustine has to offer! Renaissance World Golf Village Resort and Convention Center offers a complimentary shuttle for individual guests to and from downtown St. Augustine(based on availability). The Renaissance World Golf Village Resort offers fresh, well appointed accommodations featuring 37 inch flat-panel televisions, sparkling new bathrooms and furnishings, high-speed wireless Internet access, spacious work areas, wet bars and refrigerators among many modern luxuries. Meet in the largest combination hotel and convention center between Orlando and Atlanta. Within 15 minutes of the resort enjoy 108 holes of championship golf, including the Slammer and Squire, located just steps from your guest room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your World Golf Village Renaissance St. Augustine Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance World Golf Village Hotel Saint Augustine
- Renaissance Saint Augustine
- Saint Augustine Renaissance
- World Golf Village Renaissance St. Augustine Resort Florida