World Golf Village Renaissance St. Augustine Resort
Southern Oaks Inn(St. Augustine)(Great Value!)
US$126
Ocean Sands Beach Inn(Vilano Beach)(Great Value!)
US$132
Quality Inn Outlet Mall(St. Augustine)(Great Value!)
US$84
QualityInn
US$158
GardenInn.com
US$98
Jaybird's Inn(St. Augustine)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$128
Orbitz.com
US$277
US$253
Hotels.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Oceanview Lodge(St. Augustine)(Great Value!)
US$154
The Conch House Marina Resort(St. Augustine)(Great Value!)
US$126
Bayfront Inn(St. Augustine)
US$165
Travelocity
1,055 results
All reviewshall of famecaddy shackconvention centerimax theaterbill murraybeautiful resortwet barself parkingfree shuttleshuttle servicelobby areaminute driveoutlet mallgolfersatriumcaddyshackvillagio
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 July 2008

We live in Panama City, FL and whenever we feel it's time to get away just to destress, we get on Rte 10 and drive over to the World Golf Village. We stayed at the Renaissance and completely relaxed. The renovations are just lovely. In reading other reviews, some people complained about noise. We heard no noise at all when we were in our room. The check-in and out is very fast and efficient and the concierge helped us a lot because we were meeting some family members at a restaurant about 1/2 hour away and we were not sure how to get there. She got us right to the door. I do agree with the reviewer who talked about the steakhouse in the World Golf Village. We ate there one other time and will not eat there again. Eat at the buffet or at Caddy Shack. The final thing is that when we got home I realized I had left my cellphone charger in the room. I emailed them and they are sending it to me. Very nice!

1  Thank annierod
Reviewed 21 July 2008

My husband and I live in Orlando and just wanted to 'get-away' for the weekend. St. Augustine is about an hour and a half away so not too much time was spent traveling just for a weekend getaway. James loves to play golf so I booked it to celebrate his birthday weekend. The resort has recently been re-furbished and it has a nice elegant, yet contemporary feel.

The mattresses were super comfy and the sheets even nicer! You know how you can't wait to get home to get in your won bed? Well, not this one! I didn't want to leave the bed!

The property is also very nice. We didn't get to go to the Golf Hall of Fame, but I know there's an IMAX theatre there which shows current movies. The one that was showing on Saturday night was the new Batman movie, "Dark Night". We didn't see it, but heard it was sold out.

The whirlpool/jacuzzi that was there was very small and occupied by kids when we tried to go, so we didn't get a chance to go.

Breakfast in the hotel: we had the breakfast buffet. They had an omellette station there along with all the buffet must-haves: scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, corned-beef hash, fruit, yogurt, milk. And the service was polite and friendly.

On Saturday night we had dinner at Augustino's. An Italian Steakhouse that was on the resort's property. This is highly NOT RECOMMENDED. Before we started our meal we overheard the table behind us complain to the waitress that it was "the worst Italian meal that they had ever had." We were trying to be inconspicuous in listening and got a little scared about the food about to be served to us. The blue crabcakes that James got were good, but the lobster bisque I got was awful. It was so sweet! I know what lobster bisque is supposed to taste like and that is NOT it. I had ask for it to be taken away (and good thing the waitress did the right thing and removed that item off of the bill!). For the main course, James had the Shrimp Augustini (the *special*). The sauce that it was in was supposed to be lemony, but it tasted really bad. Another couple joined us (friends of ours) joined us also and my friend got a pasta dish and had chicken added to it. The chicken looked like dried up pieces of mushrooms! They were flat and crispy. She didn't have the heart to complain about it so never ate it - and got charged the extra $4 to have the chicken added. It just wasn't fresh and looked like it was overcooked, overseasoned and overblackened.

I recommended the golf cart driver who drove us back to the resort (because it was raining) not to ever recommend that restuaurant to guests. And if I could say to the hotel: "Stop advertising it on the in-room hotel channel!"

GOLF: James reported that the courses were nice, but his game got cut short due to [normal] Florida summer thunderstorms. He only got to the 5th hole.

SPA: The La Terra spa is where I went with my friend while the guys played golf. VERRRY nice! I've been to many spas and had never gotten a body scrub before. Very interesting! And I'd do it again. I got the La Florida. My skin is smooth and soft! My friend got a fascial and she sait was great! And the nicest spa she's ever been to.

• Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 18 July 2008

This hotel is tucked at the very end of the entrance to the World Golf Resort area. The lobby/atrium area is beautiful and the rooms are tastefully decorated. It is about a 10-15 minute drive to downtown St. Augustine. I like the contemporary and modern feel of the hotel (something I was afraid I would not get in downtown St. Augustine hotels). The pool is very nice and the gentleman at the front desk was extremely helpful. If you are looking for some evening action, this is probably not the place for you as it seems quiet and secluded amidst the golf resort. I would highly recommend this hotel for golfers of course, people who like modern amenities, people with children, and couples who want solitude. Overall, this was an excellent stay! I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank Amerasiangirl
Reviewed 18 July 2008

The World Golf Village is a wonderful place to stay if you want some piece of quite!! My husband and I went for our 1 year wedding anniversary and it was a wonderful trip. There is a lot of history in this small town and the resort itself is amazing!

• Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 12 May 2008

My boyfriend and I traveled with our two small children in early 2007 and again just recently and both times we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. They have a good size pool with hot tub and even a playground for young children! They have a breakfast buffet ($15/person however kids are free) which consisted of pancakes, bacon, sausage, grits, oatmeal, biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs, yogurt, fresh fruit, breads, etc. Chocolate and white milk were also avail. at no additional charge. Our waitress was very kind too. The hotel has undergone a complete renovation and looks FABULOUS! Our check in went very smoothly and the front desk manager (don't remember his name) even upgraded us to a pool view at no additional charge!! Our room had two double beds (VERY COMFY by the way) with down comforters, a decent size bathroom and even a balcony overlooking the pool, hot tub and playground. The flat screen tv in the room was a bonus. Only problem with the bathroom was there was no fan to circulate the air so the bathroom tended to get "muggy". Overall we have been here two times and can't wait to come back. KUDOS to this hotel!! All hotels should be like this! THANKS FOR THE GREAT STAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family