I have stayed in many hotels but none as cold , noisy, uninviting, smelly as this monster. The pillows smelled greasy the room had a stench I did not even recognise (damp, mould, stale etc.
It looks on first impressions a wonderful and restful hotel. Do not be fooled. Its cold all the way to the core. The staff are as good as it gets even 90% of them as cold and frosty as the hotel. We tried 3 rooms and all had the same white noise droning through the room 24 hrs a day. Its is designed as an open floor to ceiling up to the 9th, with open landings, 2 x water falls and as many coke and ice machines as they can put on the landing spaces next to each room. You have very limited control of the AC in 2 of the 3 rooms we tried. The noise from the bar, reception, landings, outside, below and above the room is unbearable unless you are hard of hearing. We wore ear-plugs and still the sound came through. The tea-coffee etc was the poorest of any hotel in the world. The water was disgusting to drink. You could call room service for a jug of hot water! The toilet was even to low to the floor by my short hight, it is almost for a child. We booked it via a very good website as in Bookings .com. Its not what I would call for the restful vacation people out there. We had drove from Orlando to this resort to play golf that fine. Its the hotel its self that I would not recommend to my worst enemy. The price for the room and the whole stay was $539.00 for 3 nights including breakfast. It was so cold in the breakfast area that I had to get back to the room. I have no desire to ever return to the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Explore everything that downtown St. Augustine has to offer! Renaissance World Golf Village Resort and Convention Center offers a complimentary shuttle for individual guests to and from downtown St. Augustine(based on availability). The Renaissance World Golf Village Resort offers fresh, well appointed accommodations featuring 37 inch flat-panel televisions, sparkling new bathrooms and furnishings, high-speed wireless Internet access, spacious work areas, wet bars and refrigerators among many modern luxuries. Meet in the largest combination hotel and convention center between Orlando and Atlanta. Within 15 minutes of the resort enjoy 108 holes of championship golf, including the Slammer and Squire, located just steps from your guest room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your World Golf Village Renaissance St. Augustine Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance World Golf Village Hotel Saint Augustine
- Renaissance Saint Augustine
- Saint Augustine Renaissance
- World Golf Village Renaissance St. Augustine Resort Florida