“Nice hotel but definitely there are some issues that need to be addressed.”

World Golf Village Renaissance St. Augustine Resort
Ranked #27 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
Orlando, Florida
“Nice hotel but definitely there are some issues that need to be addressed.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

I came to St. Augustine for my Mom's birthday and decided we would stay at WGV because we haven't golfed in a while. The hotel upon walking in is very nice. Staff is on hand to assist you immediately. The room was pretty clean but the bathroom walls and other areas really need to be wiped down regularly. There is a little mold in the bathroom shower grout. There was a hair on the pillow. (I personally find that gross but I know it can happen) the floors and carpet were very clean. We had a later evening snack at the bar and it was excellent. A salad and some quesadillas. The bartender was very accommodating. This morning we decided to have breakfast at the restaurant and I have to tell you I feel it should have been refunded. The buffet pancakes were over sweet, they disintegrated
when you tried to pick them up. For $17 I would expect fresher food. Just yuck. After waiting for 15 minutes to be acknowledged, the very nice wait staff did take my drink order, another 15 minutes... I ordered the egg white fritata another 15 minutes and my fiance is already finished... no egg white fritata. I took it to go. For $14 it should have at least been accompanied by fruit or toast??? Really? We have one more night we are staying here but we will eat elsewhere. I do have earplugs so the humming sound was not a huge inconvenience. I have traveled and stayed at many places all over the country and I do have to say that this was average at best. I do want to mention we are not playing golf here although both courses are very very good. The price on aerated greens is still $129. So we are at St. Johns Golf and Country Club for $50! Very NICE.

• Stayed June 2014
JeffreyOliasami, General Manager at World Golf Village Renaissance St. Augustine Resort, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Thank you for choosing our resort for your celebration. I appreciate your feedback and I am happy you were provided great service in the Bar at Villagio. We will address the other items that need further attention and I thank you for taking the time to share the details of your stay.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
Hollywood, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

On June 7th 2014 I stayed for one week at this prestigious resort, really I did not have much dealings with the front desk clerks but the maid was very nice and friendly, I stayed on the 4th floor overlooking the golf course, very lovely hotel in more of a secluded area.

Room Tip: choose the side overlooking the golf course where you have a balcony with chairs where you can sit...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Genieve B
JeffreyOliasami, General Manager at World Golf Village Renaissance St. Augustine Resort, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Thank you for staying at our resort and sharing your experience. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and we hope you will plan to stay with us again in the future.
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

I was there on Saturday, 7 June 2014 while attending the Battle of the Midway Dinner (an annual event sponsored by the Navy League Jacksonville, FL honoring WWII veterans/survivors). For the past few years (four or five), the event has been held at the Renaissance Resort at the World Golf Village in St. Augustine, FL. I have been to the event four times and have not been disappointed. The Renaissance always delivers exceptional service whether it's the dinner in the banquet hall, the comfortable rooms or the staff. The Renaissance even offers a discounted room rate if attending the Midway Dinner that also includes breakfast the next morning. A truly spectacular event all the way around.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
You put it best "a truly spectacular event”. Thank you for sharing your experience with others in the TripAdvisor community. The Battle of the Midway Dinner is such an important event to our resort and I am honored to be invited to attend each year as well. Please plan to stay with us again soon.
Davie, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

The rooms were very clean but there was constant humming sound coming out of the bathroom. The AC was was not consistent with the temperture setting. There was a green hue coming out of the AC duct. The reception desk was very courteous and friendly.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for the compliments to our guest service associates. I appreciate you sharing your concerns with the AC and we have addressed the issue with the unit. Please plan to stay with us again when you are in St. Augustine.
Huntsville, Alabama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

When things can go wrong, usually they do with me and my family . Most of the time the outcome of such things are better in the end , however I must say I am disappointed with this hotel.
When we arrived ( after 2 pm) our room still was not ready, so we have the woman behind the desk our number to call us when it was . After 2 hours and no call we decided to head back and see what was going on. The woman behind the desk told us they did call and left a message , I told her no.. No one called . She recited the number 123-456-789.... The woman who I left the number with ( who re-read the number to me didn't write down the last number to our phone number , thus no call... After seeing this she comped our breakfast for the next morning.. Fine . Then we went to our room after dinner and watched TV.. However the TV had a small glitch and was about 1/10 th Of its picture size, so we had to call maintenance who came an fixed it . The morning we left, our toilet stopped working , wouldn't flush at all... I told the front desk and we left. All in all the hotel is a wonderful location but maintenance needs to be a TOP priority at this hotel... For it is most surly lacking . I don't know if ill stay here again...

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you for staying with us and please plan to visit us again. I am sorry the guest service error prevented us from being able to get you into your room early. I am happy to hear that breakfast was offered for the inconvenience and I hope that you enjoyed the restaurant. We strive to stay ahead of items needing attention in the guest rooms and I apologize that you had to report anything to us. I truly hope you will stay with us again in the future and allow us to provide a perfectly relaxing stay.
Fernandina Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

Let's start by saying, I don't play golf... but I chose the location as it was convenient to the places I wanted to go (St. Augustine, FL). First off, it can be seen from I-95 but it will take another five minutes or more to wind around the property to get to the hotel. Parking is hit or miss. A popular restaurant (Caddyshack) is adjacent to the hotel so parking is shared. There are no luggage carts to be found (nor trash cans). Check in was fast. As a Gold Hilton Honors member I inquired about free breakfast but since this is a report, no freebie. I was given a free movie to watch on cable. I didn't. I checked in a little before the normal check in time (4pm) and was given a room. Corner room, golf course side. Nice sunsets. Could see pool and practice putting greens. Small room but comfy. Couch and chair and desk with chair. Room also contained a wet bar. Lots of lighting. Nice TV with lots of channels. Soft towels and Aveda hair care products along with other bathroom necessities. One concern was what seemingly looked like mold in a/c vents (see photo). Hotel is beautiful with artwork hanging from ceiling and a stream in the middle. There is a "real" Starbucks inside the hotel as we did not choose to go for the pricey breakfast. Staff was friendly and attentive.

Room Tip: Ask for the golf course view. Much better, and quieter, than parking lot.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GRGADA
Thank you for choosing our resort and for sharing the highlights of your stay with others. We appreciate the compliments to the associates and the service they provided you. I hope you will stay with us again in the future; there is always more to see in St. Augustine.
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel for business the first week of June. The conference center was easily accessible although freezing -- bring a sweater! The lobby was lovely. The room was tidy and functional, but I expected a bit more "wow" for a Renaissance. The bar and restaurant were comfortable and the food/beverage was good, though the service was slower than ideal.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for staying with us and for your comments to others considering a visit to the Renaissance. I appreciate your review and we will continue to improve the service provided in our restaurant, please come back and see us when you travel again.