I came to St. Augustine for my Mom's birthday and decided we would stay at WGV because we haven't golfed in a while. The hotel upon walking in is very nice. Staff is on hand to assist you immediately. The room was pretty clean but the bathroom walls and other areas really need to be wiped down regularly. There is a little mold in the bathroom shower grout. There was a hair on the pillow. (I personally find that gross but I know it can happen) the floors and carpet were very clean. We had a later evening snack at the bar and it was excellent. A salad and some quesadillas. The bartender was very accommodating. This morning we decided to have breakfast at the restaurant and I have to tell you I feel it should have been refunded. The buffet pancakes were over sweet, they disintegrated
when you tried to pick them up. For $17 I would expect fresher food. Just yuck. After waiting for 15 minutes to be acknowledged, the very nice wait staff did take my drink order, another 15 minutes... I ordered the egg white fritata another 15 minutes and my fiance is already finished... no egg white fritata. I took it to go. For $14 it should have at least been accompanied by fruit or toast??? Really? We have one more night we are staying here but we will eat elsewhere. I do have earplugs so the humming sound was not a huge inconvenience. I have traveled and stayed at many places all over the country and I do have to say that this was average at best. I do want to mention we are not playing golf here although both courses are very very good. The price on aerated greens is still $129. So we are at St. Johns Golf and Country Club for $50! Very NICE.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Explore everything that downtown St. Augustine has to offer! Renaissance World Golf Village Resort and Convention Center offers a complimentary shuttle for individual guests to and from downtown St. Augustine(based on availability). The Renaissance World Golf Village Resort offers fresh, well appointed accommodations featuring 37 inch flat-panel televisions, sparkling new bathrooms and furnishings, high-speed wireless Internet access, spacious work areas, wet bars and refrigerators among many modern luxuries. Meet in the largest combination hotel and convention center between Orlando and Atlanta. Within 15 minutes of the resort enjoy 108 holes of championship golf, including the Slammer and Squire, located just steps from your guest room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Marriott, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your World Golf Village Renaissance St. Augustine Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance World Golf Village Hotel Saint Augustine
- Renaissance Saint Augustine
- Saint Augustine Renaissance
- World Golf Village Renaissance St. Augustine Resort Florida