“Good hotel near outlet shopping”

Hampton Inn St. Augustine - I-95
Ranked #39 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
Miami, Florida
“Good hotel near outlet shopping”
Reviewed 25 July 2012

We stayed for 2 nights over a weekend recently. Room was clean, staff helpful, beds comfortable. Complimentary breakfast was as I expected, continental plus a few hot choices. The pool was smallish, but stayed busy. The location is great if you want shopping, the 2 outlet malls are within 1 mile. Historic St Augustine is a 10 minute drive.

Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Suba-ROO
JuliaAGM, Manager at Hampton Inn St. Augustine - I-95, responded to this review, 1 August 2012
Dear Suba-ROO,
Thank you for your time reviewing our hotel. Our location is perfect for all aspects of St. Augustine, including easy access from I-95. We take pride in our cleanliness and always try to stay one step above Hampton Inn standards. We will look forward to your next stay. Sincerely, Julia, AGM.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Blainville, Canada
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Even if it his not one of the newest Hampton Inn that we visited we really enjoyed our two days stay. The hotel is clean, confortable, good breakfast and great staff. Good location if you are travelling on I95.It is a bit away from historical St.Augustine but it is not a major issue.
Also if you like to shop it is almost walking distance from the Prime Outlets.
We wouls return any time.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
JuliaAGM, Manager at Hampton Inn St. Augustine - I-95, responded to this review, 25 July 2012
Dear KID60,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. As you mentioned, our location is convenient for all of St. Augustine’s activities. It is especially close to both of our outlet mall shopping areas. Our staff, as well as, our guests really appreciate your advice. I hope you choose our Hampton again in the future. Sincerely, Julia, AGM.
NY
Reviewed 26 June 2012

This was the bust Hotel that I have stayed at in six months.
Clean, great staff food was great.
Will come back again for business price was great.

Room Tip: Ask for middle of Hotel on 2 o 3 floor
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
, General Manager at Hampton Inn St. Augustine - I-95, responded to this review, 27 June 2012
On behalf of the entire staff here at the Hampton Inn St. Augustine, I would like to personally thank you for your positive feedback. Nothing is more rewarding than to hear that we have achieved our ultimate goal in making your stay as enjoyable as possible. We are thrilled to know we were able to exceed your high expectations and create a memorable experience during your stay. Thank you again for your candid comments, and for your business. We anxiously await the opportunity to be able to serve you again. General Manager - Tony Thomas
Michigan
Reviewed 12 May 2012 via mobile

Very dated hotel, some of the construction ie the closet doors looked like somebody's brother in law did the work, mismatched wood etc. Bare bones, no sheers on the windows. Good location, but kind of depressing.

• Stayed May 2012
Dear KJDbiz1,
Thank you so much for your comments. Fortunately, we are scheduled to undergo renovations beginning in September. These do include the painting of the wood trim and door panels. Our staff and, I’m sure our guests, will be so excited to see the outcome. Our drapes will also be updated in the process. Please come back and try another night stay when we have completed our “new look”. Sincerely, Julia, AGM.
Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 9 April 2012

But, nothing particularly special either. Average Hampton Inn; dependable, clean. There is a plethora of other lowish-end hotels and fast food places nearby, but not much else. Odd intersection to get to hotel. Be careful! Small refrigerator and a microwave in each room. Breakfast, free parking and wifi included with room rate. The outlet malls are very nearby. St Augustine proper is 5 miles east.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Flaesb
On behalf of the entire staff here at the Hampton Inn St. Augustine, I would like to personally thank you for your feedback, and for your business. Each critique is important to us, as we strive for continuous improvement. I look forward to the opportunity to serve you again. General Manager – Tony Thomas
Southern New Jersey
Reviewed 2 April 2012

I stopped here on March 17, 2012 in need of a hotel room. Online, the prices quoted are $99 a night and $89 for AARP. I was offered a rate of $189. When I told the clerk the online price, He basically repeated $189 night. No Hospitallity here. Zero Customer satisfaction..Needless to say, we left and found a more comfortable and accomodating hotel elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
JuliaAGM, Manager at Hampton Inn St. Augustine - I-95, responded to this review, 8 August 2012
Dear Bevzvet,
Thank you for your comments. Our rates online are always consistent with our rates that are quoted at the front desk. Our rates do fluctuate with special events during the course of the year. During the night that you were requesting accommodations on March 17th, “Bike Week” was going on. Please call ahead to make reservations and to inquire about any events that may be happening during your future trips. We will give you information on the best available rates that you can receive. I hope that next time you are in the area; you try and stay with us! Sincerely, Julia, AGM.
Addison, Texas
Reviewed 6 January 2012

No Firtness Room. Microwave and Fridge in rooms. Sleep Timer on remote.
This appears to be an older Hampton. Although they have done some updating. The beds are fine. The bathroom is fine, although could use a new counter top and bathtub. It was very clean, just aged with a couple of cigarette burn marks. The furniture in the room seemed newer. The hallway of the fourth floor smelled of smoke. You noticed it immediately when the elevator doors opened. My room although didn't smell (as much - still a slight smoke smell). The doors are quite aged. I will probably try the Holiday Inn Express down the street on my next stay. It just wasn't a 'comfortable' stay..

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business