This hotel has the most slippery and dangerous showers I have ever seen! It's like standing on ice -- next time I come here (which I doubt I will), I'll bring a cake of surfboard wax. We had a Jacuzzi, too, which was also slick as grease. Many other reviewers have mentioned this, but the hotel doesn't seem to have taken the criticisms to heart. Maybe when they get sued because somebody took a header they'll wake up.
Other than dangerous bathrooms, the hotel is typical of a Hampton Inn, maybe a notch below. Our room was very big, but the furniture was uncomfortable. US 1 passed right below our windows, with a railroad track across the street. Who knew so many trains ran in Florida? There was one very long freight heading south at night, and another (maybe the same one) heading north in the morning.
The hotel is at the very corner of the Historic District, so you'll want to drive if you're exploring St. Augustine. There are restaurants nearby, but the desk clerk recommended we not walk there -- he was mugged in the parking lot later that evening, so I guess he gave us good advice!
The breakfast area is cramped and the lobby on the dark side. All in all, I'd give this place a miss unless you're stuck for a room in St. Augustine. But shower before you arrive.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hilton Hotels Direct, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hampton Inn St. Augustine-Historic District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn St. Augustine-Historic District Hotel Saint Augustine
- Hampton Inn Saint Augustine
- Saint Augustine Hampton Inn
- Hampton Inn St. Augustine-Historic District Florida