We love Hampton Inns, they're usually the only place we'll stay since they're usually pretty clean and consistent. This place was a little disappointing. Looks like they've updated the lobby, which is nice. The staff was great - very courteous and helpful. There's no automatic door at the main entrance, which is inconvenient when you've got your hands full of bags and luggage. The room smelled a little musty, which for being near the water and in Florida humidity (and having a pool) I guess I could overlook. We sprayed some body spray and it was fine. Room was clean with a comfy bed.
However, the hot tub and pool were pretty dirty - lots of bugs and debris, and what looked like a piece of a diaper (?) floating in the hot tub. So, we just laid out on the chairs. Also unfortunate was the check-in of two tour buses full of obnoxious (and incredibly LOUD) middle schoolers. But, I'm afraid the hotel can't help that.
We stayed here for free (Hilton points), but in hindsight would have rather stayed 5 minutes away at the Vilano Beach location. Probably won't come back.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Hilton Hotels Direct, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hampton Inn St. Augustine-Historic District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn St. Augustine-Historic District Hotel Saint Augustine
- Hampton Inn Saint Augustine
- Saint Augustine Hampton Inn
- Hampton Inn St. Augustine-Historic District Florida