“Birthday Gone Horrible”

Ranked #76 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
Keystone Heights, Florida, United States
“Birthday Gone Horrible”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

My boyfriend and I wanted to get away from the house for the night and decided to check in.
As soon as he paid the owner our $55, I sat out in my car and looked around. I noticed one of the local men that hangs out on St.George Street living in one of the rooms. The grandmother of the family was making a rukus from the second floor. When we went up to the room, I noticed how gross the place was. The room smelled like piss, the AC unit was turned off, the bed looked half-assed made up, and there was a TREADMILL in the corner. I didnt even bother to walk around or drop anything. I looked at my boyfriend and said "I'll be in the car." He got our money back, after giving the manager an extra $5 to have the owner give us $60 back.
DO NOT STAY HERE!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank HaruhiKatrina

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Woodbine, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 3 July 2013

We chose this motel based on the price, but then found other, cleaner motels right next door for the same price. The location is great, but the owner is unfriendly, the carpet felt dirty, there is NO functional wi-fi, and the whole place felt grubby. We will never stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank EvaTakacs

Travellers are raving about these St. Augustine hotels

Louth, Ireland
Reviewed 11 May 2013 via mobile

Bad. Real bad. I totally get this is budget accommodation, and worn out furnishings are to be expected, but this room is beyond that. I guess that when we saw the state of the pool we should have got an idea of the standard. Algae is not a good look for a pool!

The bed linen, although clean, are worn out, with holes and old stains. The towels are so worn that they are ineffective. And yet, the shower was good and powerful.

Only positive is that location is good, but I would not stay again.

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ostan14
Fort White, Florida, United States
Reviewed 9 January 2013

My husband and I spent a weekend in St. Augustine visiting the attractions, and we chose this hotel based on location. What a mistake! The room was dirty, the television was an un-watchable pink, the fridge made loud squealing noises all night, and the so-called free wi-fi was charged on our credit card. The wi-fi worked for exactly two hours, and was out the rest of the weekend. The management seemed very unconcerned that I needed the internet connection to keep up with my business. I found cheaper and better rooms in the Historic District. Do not waste your money here!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Barbara K
Mich
Reviewed 7 October 2012

Just a simple 1-2 star place but clean enough, and just a bridge away from the historic district. A bit too far to walk but you could if you wanted. Price was one of the best around. Ok place but again not fancy by any means

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Montverde, Florida, United States
Reviewed 28 September 2012

Last minute plans brought us to the "Historic" INN . Everywhere else was booked so we knew this wasn't going to be a place we were going to hang out by the pool. Just a place to lay down for the night. Our first clue when we arrived at our $80.00 + tx room was that the soap had been used then put back into the wrapper to be pawned off as "new but opened for your convienence"
The towels were gray and tattered. Nothing was anywhere near what I would call clean. We brought up blankets and pillows from the car and kept a light on to make the roaches think we were awake. Nice green pool too, for those who want that organic diving experience! Really, just find a Wallmart parking lot and sleep in the car.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Bradley P
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Definately not the nicest place, but if you're not going to spend much time there its fine. Take your own pillow!!! Most uncomfortable pillows I have ever used! Its okay if you're ballin on a budget, but if not get something a little more expensive.

• Stayed September 2012