“Not pleased with how we were treated”

Quality Inn Outlet Mall
Ranked #33 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
Reviewed 27 September 2013

This hotel was touted on Priceline as pet friendly. Since we travel with our pet, I made that clear in my reservation. When I checked in late, I indicated we had a pet. The desk clerk just nodded at me. At no time was a fee mentioned. She gave me my key and we went to our room. The next morning, I went out to do laundry. The maid asked if I needed service and I told her "no." A short time later, a woman identifying herself as a manager/desk clerk barged into our room without knocking even though our door had a DO NOT DISTURB sign on it. She didn't knock and came in, standing there with the door open. My husband was naked and I was in the bathroom. He yelled at her to close the door and she just stood there with it open, staring at him, and tempting our cat to walk out. My hubby dressed and went outside to find out what she wanted. She said she "thought" she had knocked and she did eventually apologize. Then she proceeded to tell us we needed to pay a $75 "undeclared pet fee." To which we did NOT pay because I clearly declared the pet when we checked in. If their staff is so incompetent as to not handle this at the time of check in, I should not have had my room invaded and my privacy compromised by this staffer. Also, the dryer was not working properly and I lost $4.00 in the machine, having to dry my clothes three times. A total scam. This place is convenient, but the staff clearly don't care about the people staying there. I will never stay at this location ever again. If you want your privacy compromised and incompetent staff who don't know how to properly check you in or collect fees until after the fact, then this is the perfect place for you. Pass it up and stay at one of the many other hotels next door to it, across the street or down the way.

Very disappointing as we've had very good experiences with Quality Inns in our travels.

Room Tip: I had a broken foot at the time, but there were no ground level rooms. There is no elevator in the...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank marley_h_gibson

Reviewed 22 August 2013

After spending ten nights in different hotels in the past month and reading other reviews, I took a chance on this hotel. Yes it needs updating, but the beds are confortable and overall it was great for the money. That staff was above average, the breakfast was the best out of the ten!!! I spend more then double on all the rest of them and this one was the best of all ten.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank sillecat
Reviewed 13 July 2013

The hotel could use some updating but we found it to be decent for the price. We came across no bugs, which is the first thing we look for when we check in any hotel. The staff was friendly and helpful when we needed to switch rooms for a lower level one.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2013 via mobile

I am in the lobby as I write this. I would say don't expect much more than a bed and a tv. If not then you will be satisfied. The hotel is in need of updating. Bathrooms show definite wear. Carpets are tattered and sticky. Breakfast is little more than pasties. But if you are on the road traveling late and tired then it is acceptable.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We were looking for an inexpensive place for a 3 day getaway, and found it at the Quality Inn! The place is a bit old, and could use some fresh paint, but the room was super clean, especially the bathroom. Check-in (and out) was super fast, everyone on the staff that we met was very friendly. When checking out, a lady that had checked in the night before but had checked out and went elsewhere because the A/C in the room malfunctioned came back looking for her sunglasses that she left in the room. The front desk had them and had tried to contact her to get them back. That's service. As for the air conditioning, ours worked great, and felt wonderful after a hot afternoon at the beach. It was super cold. If I had to say anything negative about the place, it would be that they need an ice dispenser on the second floor. Apparently there was once one there by the signage. We will definitey stay here again.

Room Tip: Be careful on the passenger side of the handicap parking spot on the west side of the building. Ther...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2013

We stayed one night and left with Bed bugs! Seriously not worth it: stay away! Very disappointed with how clean the room was, for what we paid, we expected more from quality inn! We stayed June 2013, so unhappy about the bed bug situation!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 2 July 2013

We have stayed here twice now on our way to Florida. It is a nice size room and very clean. They are also pet friendly and have a nice area to walk the dog. The staff are very nice and helpful. Their breakfast is good and plentiful. The area has lots of dining options and is nice drive to the beach. Both of our stays were very nice.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple