“Perfect Pub Atmosphere with Very Good Food” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #122 of 572 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Price range: US$3 - US$14
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Cheap Eats, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are an authentic British pub serving fresh homemade food Famous for beer battered fish and chips and roast beef and yorkshire pudding every Sunday. we have British beers on tap and a variety of bottled beers. We also have cider. Come and relax by our fire when the weather is chilly with friends. Or sit outside in the summer on our patio. We have a large car park, so you have no problems parking your car or motor bike. The car club (British, of course) meet the first sunday of each month. Come and see what we have to offer.
Sarasota, Florida
“Perfect Pub Atmosphere with Very Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

The King's Head British Pub was about 6 miles north of our St. Augustine hotel. If you like pub atmospheres you will like this little restaurant. Service was very friendly. I had Bangers and Mash with a Harp lager. It was delicious. I would have appreciated something green on the plate, maybe even cole slaw would have done the trick. My husband had the fish and chips. He was given a choice of cod or haddock and chose the haddock since he doesn't like cod. The fish was flaky and tender. We would eat here again if we were in the area. Both our meals were $10 each and my beer was $3.50.

• Visited March 2014

Jacksonville, Florida
“Good atmosphere great fish and chips”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

Went with a group of friends and family and overall the experience was very good! The fish and chips were the best we had in a long time (cod and haddodck are both offered...recommend the cod). The service was friendly. Everyone was satisfied with the main meal. As for the desserts, everyone ordered something different so we were able to taste test nearly everything on the dessert menu...All agreed that the bread pudding was the better dessert on the menu. I would not recommend the cheesecake as it resembled and had the taste and texture of those no bake cheesecakes you can buy for a few dollars off a grocery store shelf. There is a small bar area that has a limited selection of beers on tap and more in bottle or can. Speckled Hen on tap when available is quite tasty. If your going with a group larger than 4 persons, I highly recommend calling in advance to reserve seating to accommodate a group.
Now for the big question, would I return and would I recommend it to others? Yes

• Visited March 2014
Douglas, Georgia
“Lovely atmosphere and unique dining experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

It's a little out from St. Augustine but worth the trip for a unique cultural dining experience. There are not a lot of choices for those who do not like unique and different so if your dining partner is one of those then the fish and chips are pretty much the safest bet for them. Among the various choices include the everyday sort of fare found in England (such as Cottage or Shepherd's Pie). I chose the Indian Curry and it's not as Indian or as Curry-ish as it would be in an Indian restaurant. None the less, I was pleased. I loved the exaggerated British decor and was especially delighted to be told "just sit anywhere love" by a British accent upon entering the restaurant. I had a coupon (which is available all over the place in the various travel booklets handed out) and received a house wine free of charge. Next time I think I'll go with the fish and chips myself as it looked truly spectacular (which, I am told by my non-weird-food-loving spouse, that it is!

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Leila W
Jacksonville, Florida
“As British as it gets....for Jacksonville.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

Wanting to re-live our pleasant experience in the UK, we visited Kings Head British Pub for dinner. The interior is somewhat uniquely British. Waitresses were friendly and helpful. We decided on two different soups of the day, two fish and chips, and a pint of beer. Not long after placing the orders, beer and soup arrived respectively. Beer was good; unfortunately, the pea and ham soup was too salty. The accompanying roll was uninspiring. In my opinion, it is not worth $5.50. (Soup of the day dregs the rating down) Upon finishing the soups, the Fish and chips arrived. It did not disappoint. It was perfect fish and chips. The catch of the day was cod. Coated with crispy battered, it was fresh and flaky. The freshly made chips or fries were also crispy. The only question is “was it worth $14.50 a plate?”. It is a close yes!.

At a total bill of $57 including tip, The King’s Head British Pub is not cheap. But it beats flying all the way to the UK. Soak in the atmosphere and skip the soup of the day; you too will have a good time.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank SlowAdvanture
Wyoming, Pennsylvania
“Great place to stop for traditional British food and drink.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

This was our third trip to St Augustine Florida and we stop at the Kings Head British Pub each time we visit. The food was great and the service excellent. Our server "Leigh" did a great job of making our group feel at home. I ordered the Fish & Chips and my friends ordered the Indian Curry which was served over rice or chips with a tasty mango chutney. Both were excellent.
The atmosphere is laid out with lots of British artifacts and decor.

If you're in the area this is worth a stop to get a bite to eat or have a pint.

• Visited December 2013