“Newly weds”

La Fiesta Ocean Inn & Suites
Shreveport, Louisiana
“Newly weds”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Upon arrival I immediately became apprehensive!... The sign did not do the hotel justice. Don't be fooled by "curb appeal"!!!.... Once entering office to check in...the front desk lady was very nice, however there was a funny smell. I began to tear up because I was to be married the next day...&!had to stay in (what I thought was) a lousy motel....... THE OWNER happen to be in the office & was AMAZING! he listened to my concerns almost as if taking mental notes, walked my fiance& I to a different room....& I was astonished!!!..... Beautiful room..... View, 2 balconies, upstairs bedroom..... & the grounds going toward the beach.... IMMACULATE!...the landscaping was breathtakingly beautiful!!!!..... Needless to say all tears gone.... :-) the owner went over & beyond & brought champagne for our wedding!!... We had to pay a little more.... But the saying is true!... U get what u pay 4!!.....we have decided to go back & take the kids next time!!.....

Room Tip: Choose bed & breakfast or 2nd level suites.... Front rooms don't do the rest of this hotel j...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
managerlfis, Owner at La Fiesta Ocean Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 26 September 2013
It is wonderful to welcome a bride & groom on their very special occasion. Thank you for your kind words. Our 2-level townhouse suites are very nice and spacious with a living room, Jacuzzi bath, fireplace, 2 balconies and ocean views. We thank you for sharing your special day at La Fiesta and look forward to having you return with your family. Rich & Lauren

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
Deltona, Florida
Reviewed 5 September 2013 via mobile

We actually stayed here back in April of 2012. My wife booked it at the very last moment. We were lucky to find a place that was very affordable in comparison to the the places we looked at. The room was very comfortable and cozy. We were able to park our vehicle just outside our door. I feel it was the perfect location. Close to everything you could need and want. It's a beautiful walk to the beach and we took some great photos. There's also a miniature golf place right next door. There's lots to do in that area. My wife and I look very much forward to going back soon.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank befit4life7
managerlfis, Owner at La Fiesta Ocean Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 8 September 2013
We are pleased that you found La Fiesta and enjoyed your stay on the ocean. Thank you for your nice comments about our Inn, landscaping and oceanfront location. Come back and see us soon!
Lauren & Rich
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We stumbled into this place not knowing what to expect. Man, were we pleased! We stay in a B&B Ocean facing room which could not have been better. The hosts were very accommodating, the decorating was very tasteful, the food service was good and the bed was so comfortable. You couldn't ask for anything more. And then you see the grounds and the proximity to the beach and you realize that you might be in heaven.

No kidding this is a very nice place and we will go back!

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
managerlfis, Owner at La Fiesta Ocean Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 26 August 2013
We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Beachfront Bed & Breakfast our B & B adjacent to La Fiesta Ocean Inn & Suites. Our goal is our guests comfort and relaxation so we are glad that you had a wonderful weekend with us. We both love to garden so we seek out the most beautiful plants and flowers for our guests to enjoy. Lauren & Rich
Florida
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I stayed at La Fiesta Ocean Inn and Suites on St. Augustine Beach this past July 2013. My room was clean and spacious. You can order breakfast from a small menu and have it delivered to your room at an appointed time. The croissant with egg and cheese was very good and fresh. One warning -- don't order anything made with their water. I bought bottled water and made my own coffee and tea in room with the coffee pot and microwave provided.
I absolutely loved the beautiful beach. The staff are pleasant and accommodating. I liked the idea of catching the bus trolley right in front of the Inn and, using the same ticket, I could ride the trolley to 22 different stops in downtown area. I bought a 3-day pass which cost less than daily parking downtown -- if you can find a place to park!
Several good restaurants were within walking distance or a five minute drive from the inn. A beauty shop and spa was almost across the street, and another nail spa within walking distance. There is miniature golf and an ice cream store right next door.
I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and will probably return. I have to return for a bi-plane ride. Cloudy conditions prevented me from doing that on my vacation, but it's still on my list!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank JTFLA
managerlfis, Owner at La Fiesta Ocean Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 22 August 2013
Our on-site bakery delivering breakfast to the room is a pleasant surprise for our guests. We are on City water but maybe we need to put in a water filter in the bakery; we'll check on that. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us and the many wonderful activities our area has to offer. Hope to see you soon. Lauren & Rich
Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed 19 August 2013

This was our first trip to St Augustine, Fla. We decided on this "motel" because it was "close" to the beach, included continental breakfast and the travelers reviews, for the most part, were favorable. Well, after our stay there we were pleased with our choice. However, I was surprised by a few things. Although the hotel is on the beach, you still have a good walk before reaching it (the walk is through a very nicely manicured garden). So the next day we took our automobile and paid 7.00 bucks to get a little closer to the the beach (my wife likes to take a bunch of stuff). Also, it appeared there are only a few rooms that actually have an ocean view from the room, ours didn't. A nice touch was having the continental breakfast delivered to the room. But, if you're a big breakfast eater, the bagels, yogurt and muffin, may not do the trick. Although I have to say the muffins were awesome! The other surprise was how small the room was. We are usually more accustomed to a larger space. But none of these observations were real inconveniences. The staff was polite and personable, rooms kept real clean and the atmosphere was quiet and relaxing. We were there only 3 days and wish we had more time to explore the city. We would definitely go back.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
It's always a compliment when a guest wants to stay longer! We offer a variety of room types and sizes, each offering differing views. Our 2-level townhouse suites offer 2 balconies both with ocean views. Our recent renovation was completed and lots of great new things at La Fiesta. Thank you, Rich & Lauren
Saint Augustine Beach, Florida
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Even though we are local, we tried this as a weekend "getaway". Right next to the beach (private access) and the adjoining putt-putt is a hoot. Took us back years and years. Clean and friendly staff. Free trolley for downtown stops by regularly. Easy walk to local dining particularly our favorite mexican Playa Chaco and Stir it Up (one A street beach side).
Price is right and the stay was fun.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
managerlfis, Owner at La Fiesta Ocean Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 18 August 2013
Sometimes the best trips are close to home! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and playing mini golf next to La Fiesta. (Owners tip:after playing 18 holes try our favorite soft serve ice cream dessert, a heath bar sundae-yummy!)
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 12 August 2013

The pool,grounds were well maintained.location is excellent with walkway to the beach.putt putt golf next door. Mango mango restaurant was good and half mile away.the staff was wonderful.my only complaint was the air conditioner had a musty smell but functioned ok.room was clean.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple