After several days of camping and couch surfing at a student residence I was in need of some respite. I spent two nights in the Lighthouse cabin which is actually the smallest easternmost unit attached to two adjoining cabins. Fortunately while I was there the other units did not seem to be occupied. Staff we're friendly and accommodating and we're reasonable in allowing the ample and healthy breakfast to be slightly later than the scheduled 9am sitting. The owner Lauren (a former nutritionist) thoughtfully provided a couple of alternative health books. The kitchen staff we're prompt and pleasant.
The property and adjacent co-owned La Fiesta hotel connect to the beach by way of boardwalks over beach dunes which have been wisely protected by the hotel owners. The property is close enough to cycle to town and nearby to some handy restaurants such as a funky Taco shack and
authentic Mexican restaurant Playa Chac-mool.
There we're some minor deficiencies as follows some of which I relayed to Lauren who did responded with an appropriate level of concern:
-The room refrigerator was quite noisy...necessitating the plug to be pulled at night.
-irrigation system directed an early mourning hour noisy stream of water on street side windows
-mattress needs upgrading
-no soap dish/shower caddy missing (bracket on wall)
-bathroom window loose
-knob on bedside table loose
-battery in electric "candle" dead
-new age religious book on coffee table
-carpeting in room could use a cleaning
-no in-room recycling ( although apparently separated this is not evident)
-awning rod at entrance presents a striking hazard for anyone over 5'10"
These are minor deficiencies which can be easily corrected but for the cost you wouldn't expect them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront B & B on beautiful St. Augustine Beach and just 10 minutes to historic St. Augustine. Enjoy our wonderful rooms, oceanfront pool & Jacuzzi, delicious breakfasts, elegant bedding, private bathrooms and most of all, "million dollar ocean views." Spa services, restaurants and shops nearby. Come visit our quiet, private and relaxing coastal retreat directly on the ocean, the best kept secret in St. Augustine. Winner: One of the top 14 most romantic B & B's in North America by AAA. Voted 9th best beach in the U.S. by Tripadvisor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Southall Travel and Cancelon so you can book your Beachfront Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beachfront Bed And Breakfast
- Beachfront Hotel Saint Augustine Beach
- Beachfront Bed & Breakfast Saint Augustine Beach, Florida